From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Florin may refer to:
- Florin, a type of coin
- The Netherlands Antillean guilder (abbreviated ANG) is also known as a "florin", and abbreviated NAFl
- Aruban florin, the currency of Aruba
- Hungarian forint, the official currency of Hungary
- The currency sign "ƒ", called the florin sign
- East African florin, used in British East Africa from 1920 to 1921
- Lombardy-Venetia florin, used in the pre-unification Italian state of Lombardy-Veneto 1862-1866
- United States of Belgium florin, 1790, colloquially referred to as the "Silver Lion"
- Austro-Hungarian gulden (Austro-Hungarian forint), used from 1754 to 1892
- Dutch guilder, used in the Netherlands from 1680 to 2002
- Florin (Aragonese coin), minted in the 14th century
- Florin (Australian coin), used from 1910 to 1966
- Florin (English coin), a rare old gold coin valued at six shillings, used only in 1344
- Florin (Irish coin), a two-shilling coin produced from 1928 to 1968
- Florin (Italian coin), the fiorino d'oro minted in Florence in 1252, from which the name "florin" derives; the first gold coin minted in significant quantities in Western Europe since the 7th century
- Florin (New Zealand coin), minted from 1933 to 1965
- South German gulden, used from 1754 to 1873
- Florin (British coin), British coin produced from 1849 to 1970 with its denomination inscribed variously one florin, two shillings, or with both denominations
- See Florin (name)
Fictional currency and places
- A currency unit in the computer games Medieval: Total War and Medieval II: Total War, set in Medieval Europe.
- One of the two main countries in William Goldman's The Princess Bride (the other is Guilder)
- The type of currency used in the video games Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, set in late 15th century Italy.
- The currency used in the Stardust (2007 film).
- The currency of the Republic of Cinnabar, the major political entity in David Drake's RCN Series.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Florin.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.