FloristWare POS System
Systems of this type are intended to aid retail florists with all aspects of their business. Features designed to speed order-taking and help with accounting, performance reporting, marketing, etc. are standard in products of this nature.
FloristWare was developed over a four-year period starting in 2001. Development included ongoing focus groups with florists across North America. The intention was to have the people that would use the software play a pivotal role in shaping how it looked, worked and performed.
FloristWare was released to beta testers in September 2005 and went into wide release in January 2006. The current version of FloristWare is 3.2, which was released in September 2009. Version 4.0 is scheduled for release in early 2010.
FloristWare is considered an "independent" POS system in that is independent of wire services such as FTD or Teleflora. These companies and others like them offer their own proprietary POS systems for florists. It also uses a "Question & Answer" interface. Each step asks the user one question, which in turn determines the next step until the desired task has been completed.
- Flower Shop Network and FloristWare: Working Together to Make the Floral Business Simple Again, News from FSN - Spring 2009.
- Technology For Florists - Industry Experts Speak, Flowers Canada - Floral Trend Tracker.
- FSN & FloristWare POS System Integration, Flower Shop Network.
- FloristWare's Special Educational Version, Canadian Florist Magazine.
- Marketing Via E-Mail: How to create and implement a successful e-mail marketing campaign., Florists' Review Magazine - Feature Story February 2009.
- High-tech gear promises to make flower-buying easier, more convenient and even fun for your customers, Florists' Review Magazine - Feature Story February 2008.
- Gift Cards: A Growing Option For Florists., Florists' Review Magazine - Feature Story July 2007.
- FloristWare Releases Free Educational Version, PRWeb - April 2007.
- FloristWare Website