Flour Bluff High School
|Flour Bluff High School|
|2505 Waldron Road
Corpus Christi, Texas
|School district||Flour Bluff Independent School District|
|Faculty||102.9 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.4|
|Color(s)||Maroon & White|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAA|
|Team name||Hornets/Lady Hornets|
|Website||Flour Bluff High School|
As of the 2009-2010 school year, Flour Bluff High had a total of 1,821 students (66.4% White, 23.3% Hispanic, 5.5% African American, 4.2% Asian/Pacific Islander, and 0.6% Native American). 30.4% of the students are considered economically disadvantaged.
- Opened in 1967
- New additions and renovations completed in 1999
- 91 Classrooms
- Cafetorium (900 capacity)
- Teaching Theater (150 capacity)
- Auditorium (1325 capacity)
- 2 Gymnasiums
- Football/athletic field
The Navy Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps cadets have, as of 2008, won the high school military drill team national championships for 14 years, and as of 2013, the Area 10 Navy championship 19 consecutive times
The Academic Decathlon team has, as of 2006, gone on to the state competition twelve times.
The Flour Bluff Hornets compete in these sports -
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Swimming/Diving, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball.
- Flour Bluff HS. National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved on 2008-05-27. "Students: 1809 (2009)
- "2007 Campus AEIS Report". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- Wilson, Beth (2006-01-29). "Flour Bluff cadets reign supreme". Caller-Times. Retrieved 2008-05-27.[dead link]
- Garza, Adriana (2006-02-06). "Putting the work in teamwork". Caller-Times. Retrieved 2008-05-27.[dead link]
- Mark Lowry (June 2, 2006). "Drama 'King'". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. pp. S30. (Newsbank)
- Sheffield, Nicholas (2005-04-29). "Flour Bluff graduate returns". The Waldron Street Journal. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|