|This article relies on references to primary sources. (September 2008)|
|Founded||January 16, 2004|
|Founders||Julien Moutte, Pascal Pegaz, Thomas Vander Stichele|
|Headquarters||World Trade Center Edificio Norte 2 Planta, Moll de Barcelona, 08039 Barcelona - Spain|
|Key people||Julien Moutte, Pascal Pegaz, Thomas Vander Stichele|
|Products||Fluendo codec packs, Fluendo DVD player, Flumotion streaming server, Cortado, Elisa Media Center|
|Services||Flumotion streaming platform|
Fluendo S.A. is a private company founded by Julien Moutte, Pascal Pegaz and Thomas Vander Stichele based in Barcelona, Spain. Fluendo aims at improving the global multimedia experience in the Free Software world by funding, developing and maintaining the GStreamer media framework and providing a wide range of, both commercial and free, products on top of it.
Fluendo's codecs are their flagship products. They aim to provide a complete solution for playback of proprietary media formats on computing platforms using the GStreamer media framework such as Linux and other Unix-like systems.
- Fluendo codecs provide playback for formats such as:
Fluendo products are made available together with their respective patent licenses which means that these codecs are completely legal worldwide. They are currently being sold at Fluendo web shop, Canonical Ltd. store, Mandriva store and Ubuntu Software Center.
Fluendo DVD Player
Fluendo DVD Player is one of the first products that can be bought that allows legal/licensed DVD playback for Unix/Linux users (LinDVD was/is only available in OEM installs). A version for OpenSolaris was released in November 2009.
- Support for Ubuntu and Debian
- Full DVD Playback
- DVD Menu support
- Fullscreen support
- Dolby Digital pass-through
- Dolby Digital 5.1 output and stereo downmixing support
- Resume from last position support
- Subtitle support
- Audio selection support
- Multiple Angles support
- Support for encrypted discs
- Multiregion, works in all regions
- Multiple video deinterlacing algorithms
- From Fluendo projects, two new companies have been created with specific roles :
Projects sponsored by Fluendo
- GStreamer, framework for multimedia application development. Fluendo developed the 0.10.x series which are widely used in today's Linux distributions.
- Pitivi, a non linear video editor for the Free Software desktop. Fluendo hired the lead developer of that project for two years.
- Cortado, an open source Java applet featuring a lightweight implementation of GStreamer in Java with royalty free codecs like Theora and Vorbis. This applet allows content producers to use royalty free formats without worrying about the end user media player capabilities.
- Theora, a royalty free codec. Fluendo funded the Xiph Foundation for enhancing and fixing Theora implementation so that it becomes usable for production environments.
- Theora and Vorbis RTP specifications. Streaming using royalty-free codecs with the RTP protocol was something the community needed. Fluendo funded that project.
- MP3 codec made available at no cost for Linux and Solaris desktop users.
- Pigment a 3D scene graph library designed to easily create rich application user interfaces. Pigment includes fully supported Python bindings.
- "About Fluendo". Fluendo.
- "Fluendo DVD Player". Fluendo.
- "Fluendo Shop: End User Products". Fluendo.
- "Mandriva Store". Mandriva.