A fluffer is a person employed to keep an adult film star aroused on the set. These duties, which do not necessarily involve touching the actors, are considered part of the makeup department. After setting up the desired angle, the director asks the actors to hold position and calls for the fluffer to "fluff" the actors for the shot. Fluffing could also entail sexual acts such as fellatio or non-penetrative sex.
In popular culture
The 2001 film The Fluffer was about a film buff, with a crush on a porn star who is straight, for whom he wound up working as a fluffer in gay porn. A 2003 release also entitled The Fluffer was a four-minute short comedy film.
In an episode of New Girl entitled "Fluffer", a male character is described as an "emotional fluffer" for the female lead, providing her sentimental stimulation which allows her to maintain a more active sex life with a different man with whom she has been having sex.
-  Collins Dictionary for Fluffer
- Stoddard, Grant (September 2, 2002). "A Life's Work: This Job Sucks". Nerve.
- Scott, A.O (2001-11-16). "Film Review; O.K., Just Tell Your Folks It's Artistic Work, in Films". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- "The Fluffer (2003)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- Adams, Erik. "Fluffer". AV Club. Retrieved 3/21/13.