Flushed Away (video game)
PAL region cover art for PlayStation 2
|Developer(s)||Monkey Bar Games (PS2,GCN) Art Co., Ltd (NDS) Altron (GBA)|
|Release date(s)||Game Boy Advance
Flushed Away is an action-adventure video game based on the animated film of the same name and released in 2006 by Monkey Bar Games for GameCube, PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance, and Nintendo DS. It was released in Japan for the Nintendo DS as Volume 17 of the Simple series.
It did not get released for Xbox due to the poor sales for the system.
Flushed Away is based around platform gameplay, with the player controlling the two main characters from the film and guiding them through hazard-filled environments. Environments and enemies are based on those in the film, although several areas and creatures not seen in the film are also included. Interspersed throughout the game are mini-game sequences involving shooting enemies with a golf-ball firing turret, and taking control of a boat in a chase sequence. Some multiplayer minigames are also included, based around puzzle and shoot-'em-up mechanics.
In general, Flushed Away was received poorly by critics, citing repetitive gameplay and environments, 'bland' visuals and a poor camera system. . The GBA version received particularly low scores (3.6/10 from GameSpot); Frank Provo criticised its 'generic and repetitive' enemies, stating that the game has 'no style, there's no flair, and there's definitely no fun'. The DS port received slightly more favourable (although still mixed) reviews, gaining a 6.0/10 from GameSpot and a 4.0/10 from IGN, with the interconnected environments and extensive backtracking being cited as both positive and negative elements of gameplay.
- Provo, Frank (2006-11-04). "Flushed Away Review for PlayStation 2 GameSpot". Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "Simple DS Series". Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Bozon, Mark (2006-11-07). "Flushed Away Review - GameCube Review at IGN". Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Provo, Frank (2006-11-07). "Flushed Away Review for Game Boy Advance- GameSpot". Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- Provo, Frank (2006-11-07). "Flushed Away Review for DS - GameSpot". Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- DeVries, Jack (2006-11-03). "Flushed Away Review - Nintendo DS Review at IGN". Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- "34th Annie Award Winners".