|Founded||19 March 2008|
|Commenced operations||1 June 2009|
|Operating bases||Dubai International Airport|
|Company slogan||Get Going|
|Headquarters||Dubai International Airport
Dubai Aviation Corporation (Arabic: مؤسسة دبي للطيران), trading as flydubai (Arabic: فلاي دبي, styled as flydubai), is a low-cost airline with its head office and flight operations in Terminal 2 of Dubai International Airport.
In July 2008 the Government of Dubai established the airline. Although flydubai is not part of The Emirates Group, Emirates supported flydubai during the initial establishing phase. On 14 July 2008 flydubai signed a firm order with American aircraft manufacturer Boeing at the Farnborough Air Show for 50 Boeing 737-800s with a total value of $3.74 billion, with the option to change the order to the longer range Boeing 737-900ER, according to the airline's demand.
The first of these aircraft was delivered on 17 May 2009. Scheduled flights commenced on 1 June, with services to Beirut, Lebanon and Amman, Jordan. Since then, the route network has been significantly expanded.
On February 13th, 2013, flydubai announced that it was in talks with Boeing and Airbus for a 50-plane order.  On June 19th, 2013, the airline announced that it would be adding Business Class service to its flights.  The Business class cabin would feature 12 seats between aisle and window, three-course meals, 12-inch televisions, a business class lounge, Italian leather seats to its offering in a bid to cater to business travelers in the emirate, access to more than 200 movies, and power outlets suitable for plugs from over 170 countries. 
As of May 2015, Flydubai serves a total of 90 destinations. 
At the Farnborough Air Show in July 2008, the airline ordered 50 Boeing 737-800s valued at approximately $3.74 billion with substitution rights to convert its 737-800 orders to 737-900ERs (extended range) in the future.
On November 17, 2013, Flydubai announced their historic single-aisle agreement with Boeing at the Dubai Airshow. Boeing and flydubai announced a commitment for about 100 Boeing 737 MAX 8s and 11 Boeing 737-800 Next Generation aircraft. This commitment was valued at about $11.4 billion at list prices, making it the largest ever Boeing single-aisle airplane purchase in the Middle East. 
On January 6, 2014, Flydubai finalized its Boeing 737 MAX order. The order was finalized with an order for 75 Boeing 737 MAX 8s and 11 Boeing 737-800 Next Generation aircraft, along with the purchase rights for 25 more Boeing 737 MAX aircraft. This order is valued at $8.8 billion at list prices. 
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||—||75||
Incidents and accidents
On 26 January 2015, a flydubai Boeing 737-800 on a Dubai to Baghdad service, was hit by small arms fire on approach to Baghdad International Airport with 154 passengers on board. The plane landed safely.
- "سياسة الخصوصية." flydubai. Retrieved on August 10, 2011.
- "Terms and conditions." flydubai. Retrieved on 21 June 2010. "The website is owned and operated by flydubai, whose principal office is at Dubai International Airport, Terminal 2, PO Box 353, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. flydubai is a Dubai corporation formed by the government of Dubai in July 2008."
- "flydubai destinations." flydubai. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- Confident flydubai preparing for takeoff
- "http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/13/uk-dubai-flydubai-idUSLNE91C00F20130213 Budget Carrier FlyDubai In Talks For 50 Aircraft Order]." Reuters. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- "http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/flydubai-considers-50-new-aircraft-1.1146071 FlyDubai Considers 50 New Aircraft]." Gulf News. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- "http://www.flydubai.com/en/business/?utm_source=flydubai.com&utm_medium=fz_banner&utm_campaign=201306_flydubai_BusinessClass_Seat&utm_content=BusinessClass_Seat_fz_homepage_banner_eng Introducing Business Class]." FlyDubai. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- "FlyDubai Announces Of New Business Class Service." 7DaysInDubai. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- "FlyDubai Introduces Business Class Services." Gulf News. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- "Destinations | flydubai | Choose Your Destination". flydubai. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- Boeing, flydubai Announce Next-Generation 737 Order
- flydubai and Avolon sign sale/leaseback
- "flydubai Fleet information". aerotransport.org. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "flydubai Fleet". ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- 13 February 2014. "Flydubai Fleet in Planespotters.net". planespotters.net. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "flydubai finalizes order for 75+25 B737 MAX 8s, 11 B737-800NGs". ch-aviation.ch. 2014-01-01. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "FlyDubai Premieres Exclusive Safety Video Featuring 3D Emirati TV Series FREEJ ." flydubai. 19 December 2011. Retrieved on 20 November 2012.
- "Boeing Hit by Gunfire in Baghdad". Airliner World: 83. March 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flydubai.|