Flying Colors (Robert Ellis Orrall album)
|Studio album by Robert Ellis Orrall|
Robert Ellis Orrall
|Robert Ellis Orrall chronology|
Flying Colors is a studio album, released in 1992, by American country music artist Robert Ellis Orrall. Although it was his fourth studio album overall, it was his first and only solo album of mainstream country music, as opposed to his more rock-oriented albums in the 1980s. The tracks "Boom! It Was Over", "A Little Bit of Her Love" and "Every Day When I Get Home" were released as singles.
Although Orrall never recorded a solo album after Flying Colors, he would later team up with Curtis Wright to record one album as the duo Orrall & Wright. In addition, Orrall has recorded several albums of indie rock as a member of the band Monkey Bowl.
- "A Little Bit of Her Love" (Robert Ellis Orrall, Lonnie Wilson) – 2:45
- "Boom! It Was Over" (Orrall, Bill Lloyd) – 2:36
- "Every Day When I Get Home" (Orrall, Gary Cotton) – 3:36
- "It's My Lucky Day" (Orrall, Curtis Wright, Billy Spencer) – 2:57
- "I'm Learning as You Go" (Orrall, Wright, Spencer) – 3:27
- "True Believer" (Orrall, David Malloy, Spady Brannan) – 3:38
- "What Would It Take" (Orrall, Malloy, Brannan) – 3:41
- "'Til The Tears Fall" (Orrall, Joe Doyle) – 4:11
- "I'm Ready When You Are" (Orrall, Monty Powell) – 2:54
- "Flying Colors" (Orrall, Marcus Hummon) – 3:48
In his 4.5 star (out of a possible five) star review for allmusic, Roch Parisien said that "[Orrall]'s vocals come across with a throaty, good-nature[d] charm reminiscent of Huey Lewis." He went on to say that "if you ever wondered what Huey would sound like with better melodies and a country backing, this disc's for you."
- Robert Ellis Orrall: Main Vocal
- Larry Byrom, Paul Gregg, Marcus Hummon, John Wesley Ryles, Karen Staley, Larry Stewart, Harry Stinson, Dennis Wilson, Curtis Wright: Vocal Backing
- Bruce Bouton, Dan Dugmore: Steel Guitar
- Jerome Kimbrough, Biff Watson: Acoustic Guitar