|Attraction type||Red Baron|
|Manufacturer||Preston & Barbieri|
|Riders per vehicle||1-2|
Flying Jumbos is a Red Baron ride operated at Chessington World of Adventures Resort in London. Originally in the area of Toytown, it later moved to the Zufari area. As of April 2015, the Chessington ride continues to operate.
Flying Jumbos is a Mini Jet Red Baron from 1987. Manufactured by Preston & Barbieri, it is an aerial carousel spinning ride with elephant-themed cabs, originally pink and now grey.
Africa was Chessington's new area for 2012, after the former area, Toytown, was replaced with a new land in line with Chessington's image as being Britain's Wildest Adventure. Many of the gentle, children's rides such as Flying Jumbos were moved to other areas, leaving only three rides in the area. In 2013 Flying Jumbos opened in the Zufari area.
Riders sit inside fibreglass elephants which rotate like a merry-go-round. Holding down a button makes the elephants fly, or lowers it. Anyone under 1.1 meters must be accompanied by an adult, with a maximum torso measurement of 51 inches.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Flying Jumbos.|
There are similar rides named Flying Jumbos at:
- "Zufari". Chessington World of Adventures. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "Africa". Chessington World of Adventures. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- "History of attractions / timeline: Chessington". Chessington UK. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "Official Park History". Chessington World of Adventures. 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- "What's New at Chessington World of Adventures". Retrieved 2012-02-03. (Chessington World of Adventures)