From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up foil in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Foil may refer to:
- Foil (metal), a quite thin sheet of metal, usually manufactured with a rolling mill machine
- Metal leaf, a very thin sheet of decorative metal
- Aluminium foil, a type of wrapping for food
- Tin foil, metal foil made of tin, the direct predecessor to aluminium foil
- Plastic foil, a thin layer of plastic material
- Transparency (projection), as in "foil" (film over incandescent light) or "viewfoil"
- Fluid dynamics
- Foil (fluid mechanics)
- Foil bearing, a type of fluid bearing
- Arts and culture
- Foil stamping, a printmaking technique
- Foil (band), a Seattle-based grunge rock band c.1990 - 98
- Foil (literature), a subsidiary character who emphasizes the traits of a main character
- A Comedic (or comic) foil, is the straight man in a comedy double act
- Foil (song), "Weird Al" Yankovic's parody of Lorde's song "Royals"
- The FOIL method, a mnemonic to expand the product of two first-degree polynomials ("linear factors")
- Hydrofoil, a type of high-powered motorboat that uses underwater foils to lift its hull above the water when moving at high speeds
- Bruce foil, a foil used on an outrigger to prevent a boat from heeling
- Centerboard, a movable keel that functions as a foil
- Foilboard, a surfboard using a hydrofoil
- People in a police lineup
- First Order Inductive Learner - a rule-based learning algorithm
- FOIL (programming language), one of two now-defunct computer programming languages
- Foil (fencing), one of the three weapons used in modern fencing
- Forum of Indian Leftists, a political group of Indian intellectuals
- Freedom of information legislation or Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)
- Ultrasonic foil (papermaking), a type of high frequency vibrating foil involved in papermaking
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.