Type of site
Fondomat is an online crowd funding platform founded in 2011 by Joe Wakeford and Conrad Watts originally launched in Prague, Czech Republic now relocated to London, England in Pound Sterling. The website handles the administration of charitable donations and the funding of individual projects. Online fundraising tools are used to raise awareness of projects via social networks while enabling the electronic collection of donations.
Fondomat provides its service throughout the United Kingdom for individuals and companies wishing to raise money for various endeavours, creative projects and business start-ups. The site uses the power of social networks and the wisdom of crowds to help fund these activities The concept gives charities a distinct advantage by offering a significantly lower cost way to raise money than traditional fund-raising methods. It is currently the cheapest to use on the market compared to those companies who offer similar services. For creative people, crowdfunding opens a door to a whole new world. 
Project owners choose a timeframe deadline and a target funding goal; they can add a description, a relevant YouTube video and photo to their project page along with non-monetary rewards if desired. Unlike many forums for fundraising or investment, Fondomat claims no ownership over the projects and the work they produce.
If the selected funding target is not reached by the deadline, the project owner is still able to keep the collected funds (unlike US site Kickstarter). The site levies a 4% fee for fund-raising campaigns. As of 2013, it offers funding in Pound Sterling (£) and Euros (€).
Fondomat was the first crowd funding website in the Czech Republic and the only service of its kind to accept transactions in the Czech Koruna. It has since relocated to England. Fondomat is not an investment vehicle, a broker or a business networking institute. It is important to note that even if the Fondomat platform collapses, no money will be lost as it is sent directly to the founder(s) of each project.
- "UK duo helps SMEs, others raise funds". The Prague Post. August 17, 2011.
- "Good, Better, Best: Where Does Your Fundraising Method Rank?". The Daily Crowdsource. August 28, 2011.
- "Crowdfunding Makes its Debut in Czech Republic". The Daily Crowdsource. November 19, 2011.
- "Crowdfunding - řešení pro kreativní lidi a neziskovky (Crowdfunding - solutions for creative people and NGOs)". Česká televize. February 12, 2012.
- "Firm helps to kick-start creativity". The Prague Post. August 26, 2012.
- Lupa.cz (in Czech)
- "Crowdfunding the Czech way". Crowdsourcing.org. November 9, 2011.
- "Fondomat aneb jak získat peníze na svůj projekt (How to money for your project)". Česká televize. November 26, 2011.
- CNN Expansion