Food Glorious Food (TV series)
|Food Glorious Food|
|Directed by||Steve Smith|
|Presented by||Carol Vorderman|
|Judges||Tom Parker Bowles
Andi Oliver (guest judge)
|Theme music composer||Banks & Wag|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||9|
|Executive producer(s)||Becky Clarke|
|Running time||60mins (inc. adverts)|
|Original channel||ITV, STV, UTV|
|Original run||27 February 2013– 24 April 2013|
|Related shows||ITV Food|
Food Glorious Food is a British television culinary programme which started on 27 February 2013 and ended on 24 April 2013. The show is a joint Optomen and Syco TV production. The competition, in which anyone of any age can enter, searches the country looking for the best home cooked dish, with the winner receiving £20,000 and their dish made and sold by Marks & Spencer. Carol Vorderman presents the show on ITV, STV & UTV The show's judging panel consists of Tom Parker Bowles, Loyd Grossman, Anne Harrison, Stacie Stewart and Andi Oliver who was a guest judge for the Harrogate heats.
An official Food Glorious Food cookery book was published by The Octopus Publishing Group on 25 February 2013 and is available to purchase online and from major book retailers. The book contains over 100 recipes, including all the regional heat winners and the overall series winner. The winning recipes from the heats and overall winning recipe will also be made available on the ITV website after appearing on the show.
The food competition searches the country looking for the best home cooked dish. Hosted by Carol Vorderman, the judging panel consists of Tom Parker Bowles, Loyd Grossman, Anne Harrison and Stacie Stewart, although Andi Oliver was a guest judge for the Harrogate heats. The winner will receive £20,000 as well as their dish appear on the shelves in Marks & Spencer stores nationwide. 40p from each dish sold will be donated to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
In the regional heats, contestants serve their dish to one of the four judges, who will decide whether they liked it, if so the judge awards the contestant a rosette. After the judges have tried every dish they must then choose their favourite out of the dishes they've tasted. These four contestants make it through to Judges HQ, which is filmed in The Cotswolds, where all four judges taste each of the contestants dishes and vote on which one to send through to the Semi-Final stages.
The semi-final stages are split between two shows, three contestants who previously made it through from the regional heats will compete against each other on each of the two shows. They must cook their dish for 150 people from the Women's Institute. Only one contestant from each show can compete in the final.
In the Grand Final, both finalists will make their way to London, where presenter Carol Vorderman will reveal the news that their dishes are going to be trailed in stores across the country, thousands of tasters, thousands of votes, but only one winner. The two finalists will work with M&S to turn their recipes into a final product that could ultimately end up in stores across the country.
With dishes ready, thousands of samples will be distributed around the country, each potential customer that tries the dish will vote on whether or not they would buy the dish.
As the results from the trial runs are counted, the finalists head back to London, surrounded by their family and friends, the winner of Food Glorious Food is then revealed.
|Episode||Show||Original Air Date||Location||Viewers
|1||Regional Heats||27 February 2013||Malvern||2.64||12.2%|
|2||6 March 2013||Kingsbridge||2.35||10.5%|
|3||13 March 2013||North West||2.11||9.3%|
|4||20 March 2013||Brighton||2.40||N/A|
|5||27 March 2013||Harrogate||2.53||11.9%|
|6||3 April 2013||Knebworth||2.28||10.2%|
|7||Semi-Finals||10 April 2013||Ashridge Estate, Hertfordshire||2.17||9.8%|
|8||17 April 2013||St. George's Hall, Liverpool||1.98||9.1%|
|9||Final||24 April 2013||London||2.15||9.9%|
The first episode aired on Wednesday 27 February 2013 and was a regional heat episode.
|Trish MacCurrant||Pheasant Paprikash||Loyd||Runner-up|
|Sian Day||Welsh Cawl with Salt Marsh Lamb||Tom||Runner-up|
|Star Bistro||Pimm's Summer Fruit Jelly||Stacie||Regional Winner|
The second episode aired on Wednesday 6 March 2013 and was a regional heat episode.
|Alan Steer||South Devon Baked Crab with Brown Crab Butter||Anne||Runner-up|
|Ian Audus||Bread Pudding||Stacie||Runner-up|
|Eunice Woolcock||Cornish Pasty||Tom||Regional Winner|
|Binixa Ludlow||The 'Ultimate' Curry with Lamb and Prawns||Loyd||Runner-up|
The third episode aired on Wednesday 13 March 2013. For this episode Loyd Grossman was unable to attend the auditions, so Andi Oliver filled in for him on this occasion. This episode was a regional heat.
|Jaqueline Stephenson||The Original Sticky Toffee Pudding||Tom||Runner-up|
|Chris Eden||Brussels Sprout, Chestnut and Coconut Soup||Andi||Runner-up|
|Donny Howcraft||Smoked Salmon Cheesecake||Anne||Regional Winner|
|Cath Webb||'Smile Cake'||Stacie||Runner-up|
The fourth episode aired on Wednesday 20 March 2013 and was a regional heat episode.
|Emma Muscat||Vintage Lemon and Lavender Blancmange||Tom||Runner-up|
|Katherine Norris & Margaret Hayes||Gluten Free Christmas Pudding||Stacie||Runner-up|
|Miss G (Andrew Pearce)||Cracked Black Pepper Profiteroles||Loyd||Regional Winner|
|Janne Cutting-Keyton||Pan-Fried Guinea Fowl Breast||Anne||Runner-up|
The fifth episode aired on Wednesday 27 March 2013. For this episode Loyd Grossman was unable to attend the auditions, so Andi Oliver filled in for him on this occasion. This episode was a regional heat episode.
|Rahila Hussain||Fragrant White Chicken Korma||Andi||Regional Winner|
|Yara Gremoli||Yorkshire Game Lasagne||Tom||Runner-up|
|Route 66||Fruit 66 Bread and Butter Pudding||Stacie||Runner-up|
|Chris Blackburn||Chinese Style Yorkshire Pudding with Duck and Hoisin Sauce||Anne||Runner-up|
The sixth episode aired on Wednesday 3 April 2013 and was a regional heat episode.
|Angela Wilson||Chicken Tikka with paratha and chutneys||Loyd||Regional Winner|
|Rachel Harries||Confit of belly pork with vegetable mousse||Anne||Runner-up|
|Elly McCausland||Rhubarb and Ginger crumble cheesecake||Stacie||Runner-up|
|Tony Appleton||Bread and Butter pudding||Tom||Runner-up|
The Seventh episode aired on Wednesday 10 April 2013. This week is the first semi-final show.
|Eunice Woolcock||Cornish Pasty||Runner-up|
|Donny Howcraft||Smoked Salmon Cheesecake||Runner-up|
|Star Bistro||Pimms Summer Fruit Jelly||Semi-final winner|
The eighth episode aired on Wednesday 17 April 2013. This week is the second semi-final show.
|Miss G (Andrew Pearce)||Cracked Black Pepper Profiteroles||Runner-up|
|Rahila Hussain||Fragrant White Chicken Korma||Semi-final winner|
|Angela Wilson||Chicken Tikka with paratha and chutneys||Runner-up|
The ninth and final episode will air on Wednesday 24 April 2013. This week is the final show, where one finalist will be crowned Food Glorious Food champion.
|Star Bistro||Pimms Summer Fruit Jelly||Runner-up|
|Rahila Hussain||Fragrant White Chicken Korma||Winner|
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|1||27 February 2013||24 April 2013||9|
The show received generally negative reviews from critics after its premiere, who described it as "twee, wholesome fare styled like a summer fete" another described it as a "TV turkey". Many people have said that the programme should air in the daytime slot rather than the primetime. However, TV presenter Emma Willis tweeted about how she liked the programme.
- Fletcher, Alex (2013-02-19). "Carol Vorderman on 'Food Glorious Food', Simon Cowell, naked gardeners". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Earp, Catherine (2013-02-20). "Carol Vorderman: 'Simon Cowell not involved in Food Glorious Food'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food". ITV. 2013-02-20. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food". Marks & Spencer. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food Episode 1". ITV. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Fletcher, Alex (2013-02-15). "Simon Cowell 'X Factor' cookery show 'Food Glorious Food' gets airdate". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Parker Bowles, Tom (2013-02-16). "Who's got the eggs factor? Criss-crossing the country in search of Britain's best recipe | Mail Online". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Fletcher, Alex (2013-02-27). "Carol Vorderman, Loyd Grossman take swipe at 'shouty' rival food shows". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Sunderland's Stacie Stewart makes Food Glorious Food debut tonight". Sunderland Echo. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Fletcher, Alex (2013-02-28). "'Food Glorious Food': A tasty treat? Share your verdict". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Laughlin, Andrew (2013-02-28). "Ricky Gervais's 'Derek' back above 1 million". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food Press Pack". ITV. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food: The Official Cook Book". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Carol Vorderman Presents Glorious Food On ITV 1". Three Counties Showground. 2012-09-03. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food, Glorious Food". ITV Press Centre. 23 August 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "ITV announce new Simon Cowell reality show 'Food glorious food'". tellymix.co.uk. 20 June 2012.
- "Food Glorious Food". AudienceTickets.net. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Laughlin, Andrew (28 February 2013). "Ricky Gervais's 'Derek' back above 1 million". Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Millar, Paul (7 March 2013). "BBC One's 'Mayday' beats ITV's 'Lightfields' in ratings". Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Fletcher, Alex (14 March 2013). "Simon Cowell's 'Food Glorious Food' sheds more viewers". Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "attentional: UK: BBC's #masterchef continued". Twitter. 2013-03-21. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Fletcher, Alex (28 March 2013). "'TOWIE' brings 790k to ITV2 on Wednesday night". Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Eames, Tom (4 April 2013). "'Scott & Bailey' returns to big ratings for ITV on Wednesday night". Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Eames, Tom (11 April 2013). "'24 Hours in A&E' opens with over 3 million viewers on Channel 4". Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Eames, Tom (18 April 2013). "'Scott and Bailey' dips but wins ratings for ITV on Wednesday". Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Eames, Tom (25 April 2013). "'Food Glorious Food' ends with over 2 million viewers on ITV". Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Food Glorious Food on itv West Country at 8:00pm February 27th, 2013". DigiGuide. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Pimm's Summer Fruit Jelly". M&S Stories. Marks & Spencer. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food on itv West Country at 8:00pm March 6th, 2013". DigiGuide. 2013-03-06. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food Episode 3". ITV. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Smoked Salmon Cheesecake". M&S Stories. Marks & Spencer. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food on itv West Country at 8:00pm March 20th, 2013". DigiGuide. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food on itv West Country at 8:00pm March 27th, 2013". DigiGuide. 2013-03-27. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Food Glorious Food on itv West Country at 8:00pm April 3rd, 2013". DigiGuide. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Macleod, Ishbel (2013-02-15). "Arla Foods announced as sponsor for ITV Food. Glorious. Food. show". The Drum. Retrieved 2013-04-03.