|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
Food history is an interdisciplinary field that examines the history of food, and the cultural, economic, environmental, and sociological impacts of food. Food history is considered distinct from the more traditional field of culinary history, which focuses on the origin and recreation of specific recipes. Food historians look at food as one of the most important elements of cultures, reflecting the social and economic structure of society.
- Claflin, Kyri and Scholliers, Peter (eds), Writing Food History, a Global Perspective (Berg Publishers, 2012)
- Collingham, Lizzie. Taste of War: World War II and the Battle for Food (2013)
- Gremillion, Kristen J. Ancestral Appetites: Food in Prehistory (Cambridge University Press; 2011) 188 pages; explores the processes of dietary adaptation in prehistory that contributed to the diversity of global foodways.
- Grew, Raymond. Food in Global History, Westview Press, 2000
- Haber, Barbara. "Culinary History Vs. Food History" in:The Oxford companion to American food and drink, ed. by Andrew F. Smith, Oxford University Press, 2007, pp. 179–180
- Heiser Charles B. Seed to civilisation. The story of food (Harvard University Press, 1990)
- Kiple, Kenneth F. and Kriemhild Coneè Ornelas,eds. The Cambridge World History of Food, (2 vol, Cambridge UP, 2000)
- Mintz, Sidney. Sweetness and Power: The Place of Sugar in Modern History (Penguin 1986), ISBN 0-14-009233-1
- Mintz, Sidney. Tasting Food, Tasting Freedom: Excursions into Eating, Power, and the Past, Beacon Press, 1997, ISBN 0-8070-4629-9
- Katz, Solomon ed. The Encyclopedia of Food and Culture (Scribner, 2003)
- Nestle, Marion. Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health, revised and expanded edition (Berkeley, University Presses of California, 2007).
- Parasecoli, Fabio & Scholliers, Peter (gen. eds), A Cultural History of Food, 6 volumes (Berg Publishers, 2012)
- Pendergrast, Mark. For God, Country, and Coca-Cola: The Definitive History of the Great American Soft Drink and the Company That Makes It (2013)
- Reader, John. Propitious Esculent: The Potato in World History (2008), 315pp a standard scholarly history
- Roll, Eric. The Combined Food Board. A study in wartime international planning (1956).
- Shapiro, Laura. Something From the Oven: Reinventing Dinner in 1950s America,Viking Adult 2004, ISBN 0-670-87154-0
- Food and Foodways. Explorations in the History and Culture of Human Nourishment
- Food, Culture and Society: An International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research
- Food & History, multilingual scientific journal about the history and culture of food published by the (IEHCA)
- Montanari, Massimo, Il mondo in cucina (The world in the kitchen). Laterza, 2002 ASIN: B0055J686G
- Mintalová - Zubercová, Zora: Všetko okolo stola I.(All around the table I.), Vydavateľstvo Matice slovenskej, 2009, ISBN 978-80-89208-94-4
- Combined Food Board in World War II
- History of breakfast
- List of food and beverage museums
- Timeline of food
- Raymond Sokolov. "Review: The Cambridge World History of Food" Natural History
- Food History
- University of Houston Digital Library: 1850-1860's Hotel and Restaurant Menu Collection images
- : FOST: Social & Cultural Food Studies (VUB's research unit in food history)
- Italian Food History Blog
- Spanish Food History Articles
- "Culinary History". NYPL Recommendations: Best of the Web. USA: New York Public Library.
|This history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This food-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|