Football Wives (VH1 series)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Series title card
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Executive producer(s)||Alex Demyanenko
|Running time||21 minutes
|Production company(s)||Shed Media|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||October 24, 2010– December 19, 2010|
- Amanda Davis is married to Dallas offensive lineman Leonard Davis. Amanda is a force of nature, a larger-than-life character who at once manages her family, Leonard's high-profile career, a jewelry design company, and the couple's chain of hamburger restaurants called Smashburger. Amanda and Leonard have been married for five years and are parents to two young daughters. Amanda strongly feels that it is important for the family to remain present in one another's lives, which translates to lots of days on the road during football season to support Leonard, who is one of the highest paid players in pro football. Amanda is highly regarded in the football wife community due to her numerous charities and heavily attended Bible study at the Davis' massive home.
- Chanita Foster is the wife of offensive lineman George Foster. Chanita has been married to George for six years and they are parent to "six kids, three dogs, and a fish named JoJo". In addition to building a school in Swaziland, Chanita is busy managing her clothing line which provides custom football jerseys for football player's wives. Three of their children found their way in Chanita's life through unconventional means: an adopted son in Swaziland (currently in the adoption process), the daughter of a neighbor who could no longer care for the girl, and a child from her husband's previous relationship. Together with her husband, Chanita founded Beyond the Game, a charity that gives money, supplies and love to the citizens of Swaziland. In 2010, the charity set the goal to build a public school and a care point (food distribution area) for the Swazis.
- Melani Ismail is the wife of former college and pro football star Rocket Ismail. After meeting on a blind date, Melani and Rocket married four months later and welcomed their first child Little Rocket the following year. Fifteen years and four children later, the Ismails are a couple who truly enjoy being one another's best friend, still behaving like newlyweds. With the youngest of the Ismail children reaching school age, Melani is looking to revitalize her once-promising music career which she had put on hold while raising the family. Rocket retired from the Dallas team at the top of his game, but now is dealing with the effects to his body from a long career in football. Melani is often the voice of reason, and also serves as a touchstone for women looking for advice on what it is like to be married to a pro football player.
- Britney Pigrenet is the girlfriend of Dallas kicker David Buehler. Brittany met David while slinging chicken wings at the restaurant famous for their hot wings and even hotter waitresses (Hooters). After a solid year of laughter and love, Brittany feels that her relationship with David is growing stronger and can see marriage and family in their future. The couple has taken the first steps in that direction by adopting a Malti-Poo named Spike and moving in together. Brittany has been supporting herself since her early teens and doesn't expect to live off of David's pro football salary. She has two waitress jobs to cover her bills and college tuition and refuses any financial support from David. Brittany has just begun her final semester in college and is an honors student hoping to receive a degree in Kinesiology and Nutrition. She also loves to play Beer Pong.
- Dawn Neufeld is the wife of Tight End Ryan Neufeld, 7-year veteran with Dallas, Jacksonville, and Buffalo. College sweethearts Dawn and Ryan have been married for 10 years and are the parents of two children. Their first child Will has been diagnosed with the symptoms of autism, but is loving and responsive. Their daughter Bryn is two and is every bit a young woman, often prancing around in Mommy's high heeled-shoes. Dawn met Ryan at UCLA, and then received her law degree at UC Davis. After passing the California State Bar Exam on the first try, Dawn placed her career on hold so that her husband could play pro football, where he was able to forge a career as a backup for a handful of seasons. After his Pro Football career, the family settled in Dallas where Dawn is practicing law part-time and Ryan is trying to play one more year in the upstart UFL. Dawn and Ryan are encountering hardships that pro football families surprisingly endure more often than one would think. Despite living modestly, the costs of maintaining a home, toddler and child with special needs has taken a toll on their finances. Although their financial future is uncertain, Dawn is sure about one thing: that she married the right man.
- Erin McBriar is the wife of Dallas Punter Mat McBriar. Erin met her husband Mat while they were both attending college in Hawaii. As newlyweds, Erin helped to keep things afloat working long hours as a clothing store buyer while Mat was training to become a pro football player. Erin has a realistic view when it comes to the lifestyle football can afford because she is aware that it can be taken away from her at any time. Erin considers herself to be a friend to all and avoids the cliques that can form amongst the wives. With Mat's career underway, Erin is looking forward to owning a fashion boutique.
|Season||Episodes||Season Premiere||Season Finale|
|1||8||October 24, 2010||December 19, 2010|
Season 1 (2010)
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"God, the Devil, and Dallas"||October 21, 2010|
|The series opens in Dallas with a look at the lives of NFL players' partners, including Pilar Sanders (Deion Sanders' wife), Chanita Foster (George Foster's wife), Amanda Davis (Leonard Davis' wife), Melani Ismail (Rocket Ismail's wife), Brittany Pigrenet (David Buehler's girlfriend), Dawn Neufeld (Ryan Neufeld's wife), Erin McBriar (Mat McBriar's wife) and Mercedes Nelson (ex-girlfriend of a Dallas star).|
|2||"Dog Walkers and Smack Talkers"||October 31, 2010|
|Dawn and Chanita argue about parenting during a golf game.|
|3||"He Could Go All The Way"||November 7, 2010|
|Pilar invites the women to a workout she leads, but she ends up arguing with everyone.|
|4||"Passion for Fashion"||November 14, 2010|
|Chanita prepares for her daughter's fashion show, but during the jewelry preview, Chanita is rushed to the hospital.|
|5||"The Agony and the Ecstasy"||November 21, 2010|
|Chanita has a health scare; Brittany and David host a lake cruise to bring the ladies together, but their plan backfires.|
|6||"The Defensive Line"||November 28, 2010|
|Pilar invites the other wives to go riding, and Chanita organizes a charity concert to benefit widows and orphans.|
|7||"Texas Two-Step"||December 12, 2010|
|David and Brittany shack up; Dawn worries about Ryan being cut; and the women go to New York to shop and paint the town red.|
|8||"The End Zone"||December 19, 2010|
|Tensions between Pilar and the others flare, and the stability of the group is jeopardized.|
- "Get Your Game Face on for the Ladies of VH1's 'Football Wives'". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "VH1 Runs for a Touchdown with 'Football Wives'". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- VH1 Cast Bio: Amanda Davis.
- VH1 Cast Bio: Chanita Foster.
- VH1 Cast Bio: Melani Ismail.
- VH1 Cast Bio: Britney Pigrenet.
- "Hooters Girl is part of cast on new VH1 show". HOOTERS magazine. February/ March 2011. p. 10.
- VH1 Cast Bio: Dawn Neufeld.
- VH1 Cast Bio: Erin McBriar.