From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Football is a popular sport in Côte d'Ivoire. The national team won the Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal in 1992. In 2006 they participated in the 2006 World Cup in Germany. The youth national teams have also done well in world championships, and the clubs from Côte d'Ivoire have won several continental titles . Among famous players from the country are Kolo Touré of Liverpool F.C and Chelsea striker and national team captainDidier Drogba.
- ^ http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2014/08/snubbing-elephants-ivory-coast-201482010282988738.html
- ^ "‘Football only unifying force in Ivory Coast’". FOOTBALL. AlJazeera. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- ^ "The time is now for Ivory Coast". AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS 2012. AlJazeera. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- ^ "Cote d'Ivoire: The golden generation | Al Jazeera America". America.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- ^ Wilson, Jonathan (2014-06-10). "World Cup 2014: age begins to tarnish Ivory Coast’s golden generation | Football". theguardian.com. Retrieved 2014-06-30.