Football in Pakistan
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Foundation of PFF
Football in Pakistan is as old as the country itself. Shortly after the creation of Pakistan in 1947, Pakistan Football Federation(PFF) was created and Muhammad Ali Jinnah (the founder of Pakistan) became its first Patron-in-Chief. PFF got its recognition from FIFA in early 1948.
The game was organised with the National Championship being held annually. Pakistan for the first time in 1950 sent a national team to Iran and Iraq to gain experience at the international level. In 1954, Pakistan National Team participated in the Asian Games at Manila and also toured the Far East. In 1958, Pakistan again took part in the Tokyo Asian Games. Pakistan also had been taking part in the annual Asian Quadrangular Tournament.
The game could not develop as smoothly as it should have. Pakistan's participation in international competitions has not been regular. The standard achieved in the early 50s could not be maintained because of lack of organization of the game on modern lines and Groupism among the organizers. 
The Pakistan National Football Challenge Cup is the national knockout competition of football in Pakistan.
- "A history of football in Pakistan — Part I". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "Football Reclaims Lives of Pakistani Street Kids - India Real Time - WSJ". Blogs.wsj.com. 2014-01-13. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "FIFA, AFC committed to promoting soccer in Pakistan: PFF president". Nation.com.pk. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "A history of football in Pakistan — Part II". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "Far Post: Sialkot, Pakistan - Where soccer gets made - Soccer - SI.com". Sportsillustrated.cnn.com. 2014-02-11. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "Govt Sports Portal". Sports.gov.pk. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "A history of football in Pakistan — Part III". Dawn.com. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "PFF approves two more teams in Premier League". The Nation. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- John Duerden. "Pakistan’s football team missing in action - Football". Al Jazeera English. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- Zahid, Samee (2012-08-23). "Pakistani Football: Where are you? – The Express Tribune Blog". Blogs.tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2014-03-01.