Football in Slovakia
Slovakia has participated in international football as an independent nation ever since 1993 when Czechoslovakia was divided into two new states. Although the country has not yet qualified for the European Championship, it qualified to the World Cup for the first time in 2010, where the side upset perennial power Italy and lost in the Round of 16.
- "Slovakia harnessing women's talent". UEFA.com. 2013-03-07. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "Debutant Slovakia will be a surprise package". The Hindu. 2010-05-31. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Grove, Daryl (2010-06-04). "It's soccer vs. hockey in Slovakia | Daryl Grove - Yahoo News". News.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Fletcher, Paul (1970-01-01). "Slovakia 3-2 Italy". BBC News. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "Slovakia 3-2 Italy | World Cup 2010 match report | Football". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
|This article about sports in Slovakia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This association football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|