Foothill High School (Orange County, California)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
|Foothill High School|
|19251 Dodge Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
|School district||Tustin Unified School District|
|Grades||9 - 12|
colors = Black, white, and Vegas gold
Foothill High School is a public high school located in the unincorporated community of Tustin Foothills in Orange County, California, with a mailing address of Santa Ana, California in the Tustin Unified School District. It is the only school in the Tustin Unified School District to offer the International Baccalaureate program. It is a multiple recipient of the California Distinguished School and National Blue Ribbon School awards.
History and culture
Opened in September 1963 on 37 acres (150,000 m2) of land, it is the second oldest high school in the Tustin Unified School District. Its name is derived from its literal position at the base of Cowan Heights and Lemon Heights in North Tustin. The school's colors are black and gold. The school's mascot is the Knight.
FHS offers 16 Advance Placement courses, 5 International Baccalaureate Higher Level, and 8 International Baccalaureate Standard Level courses.
- Margo Harshman (Actress, most known for her role on "Even Stevens")
- Brittany Hayes - 2008 Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Caitlin Lowe (Member of the USA National Softball Team)
- Steve Furniss (1972 Summer Olympics, swimming)
- Bruce Furniss (1976 Summer Olympics, swimming)
- Rod Strachan (1976 Summer Olympics, swimming)
- Matthew Lillard (1988) (Shaggy from Scooby Doo & Stu Macher from popular horror film "Scream")
- Richard Lambourne (1992) (2008 USA Olympic Gold Medalist - Men's volleyball team)
- Chris Hoke (1994) (Member of 2006,2009 Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Norm Katnik (1999) National Football League center for Minnesota Vikings
- Victory Tischler-Blue (1977), singer, film producer, film director, photographer, and member of the all-girl band The Runaways
- Adam Koets (2002) NFL New York Giants Super Bowl Champs
- Phil Hughes (2004)(New York Yankees pitcher)
- Eva Angelina (Adult Actress)
- J. W. Krumpholz (2006) Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Kristen Mann (2001) (Indiana Fever WNBA)
- Stuart Tay, murder victim
- Mike Champion (1976–1978) (San Diego Padres)
- Jamal Duff (1990), football player, actor
- Brad Boxberger (MLB pitcher playing for the San Diego Padres)
- Matthew Lillard
- USA volleyball bio for Lambourne
- ESPN - Chris Hoke
- USA Water Polo Player BIO
- Lynch, Rene. "Last 2 Youths Convicted in Murder of Student : Courts: Stuart A. Tay was killed after teen-agers in plot to steal computer equipment feared he would betray them. Three others have already been sentenced." Los Angeles Times. July 2, 1994. Retrieved on December 14, 2012.
- Foothill High School Website
- Media related to Foothill High School (Santa Ana, California) at Wikimedia Commons