|Soundtrack album by various artists|
|Released||January 31, 1984|
|Genre||AOR, Pop rock, Synthpop|
|Producer||Becky Shargo and Dean Pitchford|
|Singles from Footloose|
Footloose is the original soundtrack of the Paramount motion picture Footloose. The original nine-track album was released in 1984 (see 1984 in music) and reached number one on the US Billboard 200 chart on April 21, 1984, where it stayed until June 30, 1984. When it was re-released in 1998, four bonus tracks were added to the album. In 2002, Sony International released the Australian Souvenir Edition (aka Australian Cast Special Edition). Two megamixes were added to the album, featuring the Australian cast of the Footloose musical. The original soundtrack contained three Billboard Hot 100 top 10 hits, including two number-one hits, Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" and Deniece Williams' "Let's Hear It for the Boy", and "Almost Paradise", a duet by Ann Wilson and Mike Reno that reached number seven.
|1.||"Footloose"||Kenny Loggins, Dean Pitchford||Kenny Loggins||3:47|
|2.||"Let's Hear It for the Boy"||Tom Snow, Dean Pitchford||Deniece Williams||4:22|
|3.||"Almost Paradise" (Love Theme from Footloose)||Eric Carmen, Dean Pitchford||Mike Reno and Ann Wilson||3:49|
|4.||"Holding Out for a Hero"||Jim Steinman, Dean Pitchford||Bonnie Tyler||5:50|
|5.||"Dancing In the Sheets"||Bill Wolfer, Dean Pitchford||Shalamar||4:05|
|6.||"I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)"||Kenny Loggins, Dean Pitchford||Kenny Loggins||3:46|
|7.||"Somebody's Eyes"||Tom Snow, Dean Pitchford||Karla Bonoff||3:29|
|8.||"The Girl Gets Around"||Sammy Hagar, Dean Pitchford||Sammy Hagar||3:23|
|9.||"Never"||Michael Gore, Dean Pitchford||Moving Pictures||3:47|
1998 15th Anniversary Collectors' Edition bonus tracks
|10.||"Metal Health (Bang Your Head)" (single edit)||Carlos Cavazo, Kevin DuBrow, Frankie Banali, Tony Cavazo||Quiet Riot||3:55|
|11.||"Hurts So Good"||John Cougar Mellencamp, George M. Green||John Cougar Mellencamp||3:38|
|12.||"Waiting for a Girl Like You"||Mick Jones, Lou Gramm||Foreigner||4:49|
|13.||"Dancing in the Sheets" (extended 12" remix)||Bill Wolfer, Dean Pitchford||Shalamar||6:17|
Charts and certifications
Sales and certifications
Footloose (2011 soundtrack)
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||27 September 2011|
|Genre||Pop rock, country|
Warner Music Nashville
|Singles from Footloose|
The original soundtrack was released by Atlantic Records and Warner Music Nashville on September 27, 2011. It includes eight new songs and four remakes of songs from the original film's soundtrack. Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" was covered by Blake Shelton for the remake, which is an upbeat country version. The film opens with several teens dancing to Loggins' original version of the song. Like the original film, the 2011 version also features "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)" by the heavy metal band Quiet Riot and the original "Let's Hear It for the Boy" (these tracks are not on the soundtrack album).
|2.||"Where the River Goes"||Zac Brown
|3.||"Little Lovin'"||Elisabeth Marius
|4.||"Holding Out for a Hero"||Dean Pitchford
|Ella Mae Bowen||5:21|
|5.||"Let's Hear It for the Boy"||Dean Pitchford
|6.||"So Sorry Mama"||Whitney Duncan
|7.||"Fake I.D."||John Rich
|Big & Rich featuring Gretchen Wilson||3:21|
|8.||"Almost Paradise"||Eric Carmen
|Victoria Justice and Hunter Hayes||3:37|
|9.||"Walkin' Blues"||R.L. Burnside||Cee Lo Green featuring Kenny Wayne Shepherd||3:48|
|10.||"Magic in My Home"||Jason Freeman||Jason Freeman||3:13|
|11.||"Suicide Eyes"||Michael Hobby
|A Thousand Horses||3:00|
|12.||"Dance the Night Away"||Lavell Crump
|Canadian Albums Chart||21|
|US Billboard 200||14|
|US Billboard Top Country Albums||4|
|US Billboard Top Soundtracks||1|
- "Canadian album certifications – Various Artists – Footloose - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Music Canada.
- "French album certifications – BOF – Footloose" (in French). InfoDisc. Select BOF and click OK
- "Les Albums Platine :" (in French). Infodisc.fr. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "IFPIHK Gold Disc Award − 1985". IFPI Hong Kong.
- "British album certifications – Original Soundtrack – Footloose - OST". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Footloose - OST in the field Search. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Click Go
- "American album certifications – Soundtrack – Footloose". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- Davis, Edward (August 9, 2011). "‘Footloose’ Soundtrack Features Cee Lo, Smashing Pumpkins & More; Due September 27th". indieWire. Snagfilms. Archived from the original on September 24, 2011. Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- Schillaci, Sophie (September 6, 2011). ""The Voice" coach puts a country spin on Kenny Loggins’ original for the upcoming film remake". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Archived from the original on September 24, 2011. Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- "Footloose  [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- "Chart listing for Footloose". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved October 6, 2011.
Thriller by Michael Jackson
|Billboard 200 number-one album
April 21, 1984 – June 29, 1984
Sports by Huey Lewis and the News