From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up footprint in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A footprint is a literal word for an impression left by a foot or shoe.
Footprint or Footprints may also refer to:
Science and technology
- Memory footprint refers to the amount of main memory that a computer program uses or references while running, or how much hard disk space a program takes up.
- Ichnite, a fossilized footprint
- In industrial design
- The surface area of an item, usually horizontal surface area
- In business and economics, figuratively: the scale of distribution of industrial output
- See also form factor.
- Footprint (satellite), the area of the Earth's surface from which a satellite's signals can be received
- Footprint (electronics), the layout of electronic connections on a printed circuit board
- Ecological footprint: the environmental impact of a human activity, machine, etc.
- Carbon footprint: the carbon dioxide released by a human activity into the atmosphere
- Footprinting: the technique of gathering information about computer systems
- Tent footprint or groundsheet protector, the separate flat groundsheet which goes underneath the main groundsheet of the tent
- The ground floor floorplan of a building
Books and poster
- "Footprints" (poem), a popular allegorical poem and poster
- Footprints (book), 2009 book edited by Eric T. Reynolds and Jay Lake
- Footprint Books, a travel publisher based in Bath, UK, noted especially for their coverage of Latin America
- Footprints (film), a 2011 film
- Footprint, an album by Gary Wright
- Footprints, an album by Karrin Allyson
- Footprints (album), by Holly Valance
- "Footprints" (song), by Squeeze
- "Footprints" (composition), a jazz standard by Wayne Shorter
- "Footprints", a song by A Tribe Called Quest from the album People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
- "Footprints", a song by G-Unit from the album Beg For Mercy
- "Foot Prints", a song by Yes from the album Keys to Ascension 2
- Buddha footprint, an early aniconic and symbolic representation of the Buddha.
- Footprints Bay, bay on Ambergris Caye, Belize
- Moso's Footprint, formation in Samoa
- The Devil's Footprints, mysterious footprints in snow in Devon, England in 1855
- Footprints on Sand, 1981 collection by authors L. Sprague de Camp and Catherine Crook de Camp
- Footprint Nebula, nebula also known as M1-92
- Laetoli footprints, prehistoric footprints near Laetoli, Tanzania
- Citizens's Footprint Movement, political party in Colombia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Footprint.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.