For Better, for Worse (1954 film)
|For Better, for Worse|
British theatrical poster
|Directed by||J. Lee Thompson|
|Produced by||Kenneth Harper|
|Written by||J. Lee Thompson
|Based on||play by Arthur Watkyn|
|Music by||Angela Morley (as Wally Stott)|
|Edited by||Peter Taylor|
|Distributed by||Associated British-Pathe|
|Release date(s)||June 20, 1955|
|Running time||85 min.|
|Box office||£206,736 (UK)|
For Better, for Worse is a 1954 British comedy film directed by J. Lee Thompson. It was based on Arthur Watkyn's play which had ran for over 500 performances in the West End starring Leslie Phillips and Geraldine McEwan.
It was also known as Cocktails in the Kitchen.
- Dirk Bogarde as Tony Howard
- Susan Stephen as Anne Purves
- Cecil Parker as Anne's Father
- Eileen Herlie as Anne's Mother
- Athene Seyler as Miss Mainbrace
- Dennis Price as Debenham
- Pia Terri as Mrs. Debenham
- James Hayter as The Plumber
- Thora Hird as Mrs. Doyle
- George Woodbridge as Alf
- Charles Victor as Fred
- Sid James as The Foreman
- Peter Jones as Car Salesman
- Edwin Styles as Anne's Boss
Sky Movies noted "Arthur Watkyn's famous stage success has proved successful material for drama societies up and down the land - but still comes up like new in this bright little film version...Warm, human and charmingly funny domestic comedy, dressed up as fresh as paint by the colour camerawork." 
- Vincent Porter, 'The Robert Clark Account', Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Vol 20 No 4, 2000 p504
- "SPOTLIGHT ON THE STARS.". Western Mail (Perth, WA : 1885 - 1954) (Perth, WA: National Library of Australia). 29 April 1954. p. 24. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "For Better. For Worse | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-04-05.
- "For Better, For Worse - Sky Movies HD". Skymovies.sky.com. 2006-01-27. Retrieved 2014-04-05.