For the Fallen Dreams
|For the Fallen Dreams|
|Origin||Lansing, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||Metalcore, melodic hardcore|
|Labels||Artery Recordings, Rise Records|
They have released three demos, a self-titled extended play, and four full-length albums, Changes (2008), Relentless (2009), Back Burner (2011) and Wasted Youth (2012). Relentless charted at number 29 on the Billboard Top Heatseekers.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (February 2013)|
The band formed in 2003 as a Deathcore group with members Aaron Long on vocals, Chris Ash on bass, Andrew Tkaczyk on drums, Chris Croll and Jim Hocking on guitars.
After playing shows in the Lansing area, and replacing Long with Andrew Juhl on vocals, the band put out their first release in 2005, a self-titled EP with four tracks, and held a CD release show. The band subsequently endured further lineup changes, and in 2007, put out an EP titled New Beginnings. This was the first release with Chad Ruhlig on vocals, who originally played bass for the band.
After this, the group recruited Marcus Morgan on rhythm guitar and began work on their first full-length album, Changes, which was released through Rise Records in 2008. After Ruhlig left the band in the same year, the band obtained Dylan Richter who was formerly the vocalist of the metalcore band From Under the Gallows. For the Fallen Dreams recorded and released the album Relentless in 2009.
In February 2011, Tkaczyk left the band to pursue other musical opportunities and subsequently joined The Ghost Inside. For the Fallen Dreams recorded their third full-length album, Back Burner, in Ocala, Florida, with ex-A Day to Remember guitarist Tom Denney handling production and mixing duties. The album was released on May 24, 2011, through Rise Records.
In early 2012, they recorded Wasted Youth for Artery Recordings, again with Denney; it was released on July 17, 2012. The song "Hollow" from the album was released as a single on May 16, 2012.
Dylan Richter announced his departure from the band on January 8, 2013.
Chad Ruhlig returned to the band as lead vocalist the next month, on February 22. Later, with the announcement of the return of Chad, former drummer and primary songwriter Andrew Tkaczyk has returned to write for the new album too, but as a session member. He will not be re-joining the band.
In March, 2013, the band re-signed with Rise Records.
On May 7th, For the Fallen Dreams released a new single titled, "Substance" which is the first song to be released with vocalist Chad Ruhlig since their debut album, Changes.
It has been announced by the band in June, 2013, that they will go to the studio this summer to record a new album. The upcoming album will be produced by Josh Schroeder at Random Awesome Studios.
- Chad Ruhlig – vocals (2006–2008, 2013–present), bass (2005) (Legend, ex-Ares Letum)
- Jim Hocking – lead guitar, rhythm guitar (2003-present), backing vocals, clean vocals (2013-present)
- Brandon Stastny – bass, backing vocals (2011-present) (ex-Thick As Blood)
- Navid Naghdi – drums (2013-present) (Legend, ex-Abacabb)
- Dylan Richter – (2008–2013) (ex-From Under the Gallows)
- Andrew Juhl – (2004–2005)
- Aaron Long – (2003–2004) (ex-X-ray of a Graveyard, ex-Dark Lay Still)
- Kalan Blehm – (2009–2012) (ex-We Were Gentlemen, Attila)
- Chris Cain – (2008–2009) (ex-Elysia, ex-Bury Your Dead, The Silent Age)
- Jason Spencer – (2007–2008) (Wilson, ex-From Under the Gallows)
- Marcus Morgan - (2006-2007)
- Josh Dore - (2005-2006)
- Chris Croll - (2003-2004)
- Jordan McPherson - (2011) (ex-Through Storms and Struggle)
- Jaime Cano – (2010–2011) (ex-From Under the Gallows)
- Richard Neupert - (2010, fill-in 2011) (ex-We Were Gentlemen)
- Joe Ellis – (2007–2010) (First Blood, Crusader, ex-Legend)
- Scott Green - (2006)
- Scott Sparks - (2005) (ex-Legend)
- Andrew Beal - (2005) (Beyond the Wall of Sleep, ex-Ares Letum)
- Pat Hahn - (2004) (ex-And Hell Followed With, ex-Ares Letum, ex-Beyond the Wall of Sleep)
- Josh Misch - (2004)
- Chris Ash - (2003)
- Dylan Shippey – (2012–2013) (ex-Legend)
- Arvin Sarathy – (2011) (ex-Circle the Sky)
- Will Weatherly – (2011), session drummer
- Andrew Tkaczyk – (2003–2011) songwriter/session member (since 2013) (The Ghost Inside)
|US 200||US Indie||US Hard Rock||US Heat|
|2012||Wasted Youth||Artery Recordings||176||31||16||6|
|Date of release||Title||Label|
|2004||Dead As the Rest (Demo)||Self-Released|
|2005||For the Fallen Dreams (Demo)|
- List of Artery Recordings artists
- List of heavy metal bands
- List of melodic hardcore bands
- List of Rise Records artists
- Music of Michigan
- [not in citation given] Database (undated). "For The Fallen Dreams". MTV. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- Staff (February 4, 2012). "For The Fallen Dreams Signs with Artery Records". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- [not in citation given] Database. "Relentless – For the Fallen Dreams". Billboard. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- [not in citation given] Database (undated). "Back Burner – For the Fallen Dreams". Billboard. Retrieved February 12, 2013.