For the Love of Benji
|For the Love of Benji|
|Directed by||Joe Camp|
|Produced by||Ben Vaughn|
|Written by||Joe Camp
|Starring||Benjean (billed as Benji)
|Music by||Betty Box
|Distributed by||Mulberry Square Releasing|
For the Love of Benji is the second film featuring Benji the dog and was released in 1977.
In this film, Benji is lost and becomes a stray animal in Athens, Greece, trying to reunite with his family while secret agents pursue him, seeking a formula which was glued to his paw in order to get it past customs. Benji hides in the ruins of the Acropolis, where he is befriended by another stray, and in the narrow streets of an old Greek neighborhood, where he is pursued by a vicious Doberman Pinscher dog who has been brought in to kill him.
- Patsy Garrett as Mary
- Cynthia Smith as Cindy Chapman
- Allen Fiuzat as Paul Chapman
- Ed Nelson
- Peter Bowles
- Art Vasil
- Bridget Armstrong
- "Box Office Information for For the Love of Benji". The Numbers. Retrieved September 15, 2013.
- Official web site of Benji and Joe Camp
- For the Love of Benji at the Internet Movie Database
- For the Love of Benji at the TCM Movie Database
- For the Love of Benji at AllMovie
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|