For the Love of Money (film)
|For the Love of Money|
|Directed by||Ellie Kanner-Zuckerman|
|Produced by||Izek Shomof
|Screenplay by||Jenna Mattison|
|Story by||Michael Micco|
|Music by||Jerome Dillon|
|Edited by||Karl T. Hirsch
All Cash Productions
In Tel Aviv, 1973, young Izek is raised in a seedy, gangster-filled illegal casino that operates behind his family's bar. When violence and crime finds its way to him and his family, Izek and his family relocate to Los Angeles. Hoping to start anew, Izek pursues his ambitions, and becomes successful. He falls in love with the beautiful Aline. However, the world of crime Izek tried to escape continues to dog him. Threatened by a temperamental gangster (James Caan), his criminal cousin (Oded Fehr), and a Colombian drug lord (Steven Bauer), Izek struggles for a clean slate as those close to him fall victim to the promises of quick money through crime.
- Yehuda Levi (as Yuda Levi) - Izek
- Delphine Chanéac - Aline
- Joshua Biton - Yoni
- Cody Longo - Young Izek
- Jeffrey Tambor - Mr. Solomon
- Steven Bauer - Columbian drug lord
- Jonathan Lipnicki - Young Yoni
- Michael Benyaer
- Richard Gunn
- Hal Ozsan
- Meredith Scott Lynn
- Inbar Lavi
- Leilani Sarelle
- Robb Skyler
- Edward Furlong - Tommy
- Oded Fehr - Levi
- Paul Sorvino - Priest
- James Caan - Mickey
The film is based on the life of one of the executive producers.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2012)|
- Ramble Tamble - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
- Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum
- 20th Century Boy - T Rex
- Mr. Desperation - Lovechild Suicide
- Black Bikini Island - Curtis Marolt
- Magic Carpet Ride - Steppenwolf
- Boo's Boogie Woogie - Boo Boo Bradley
- Call Me - Blondie
- Lonely Is The Night - Billy Squier
- Daydream Believer - Stingray Music
- You Dropped a Bomb on Me - The Minderettes
- The Stroke - Billy Squier
- Desert Queen - Chasing June
- Saved by Zero - The Fixx
- Sick Of Me - Trevor Keith
- I Ran So Far Away - Flock Of Seagulls
- Chutzpa - Steve Glotzer
- Argentia - Victor Orlando
- In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins
- Cult of Personality - Living Colour
- For The Love Of Money - The Hit Co.
The film received 0% positive reviews on the film-critic aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. Gary Goldstein in the Los Angeles Times said the film "opens with pep, swagger and the promise of a crackling journey. But, as this mini-saga unfolds, it decelerates into an unremarkable good-guys-vs.-bad-guys tale that ends in a glaringly tension-free showdown."
- All cast and infobox production credits per: Harvey, Dennis (June 7, 2012). "For the Love of Money". Variety. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- Scheck, Frank (June 7, 2012). "For the Love of Money: Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- For the Love of Money at Rotten Tomatoes
- Goldstein, Gary (June 8, 2012). "Review: The payoff is small in 'For the Love of Money'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 17, 2012.