For the Strength of Youth
|For the Strength of Youth|
|Author(s)||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
|Publisher||Intellectual Reserve, Inc.|
|Publication date||1965 (1st ed.)
2011 (10th, current ed.)
For the Strength of Youth is a pamphlet distributed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) that "summarizes standards from scripture and from the writings and teachings of Church leaders." The pamphlet's target audience includes young men and young women of the LDS Church, although its principles are applicable to all age groups and non-church-members alike. It is available on the Internet and in print form. The pamphlet was first published in 1965, and its 10th and most recent edition was released in 2011.
The LDS Church first published "For the Strength of Youth" in 1965. Subsequent editions were published in 1966, two in 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1990, 2001, and most recently in 2011 (10th edition).
The first edition of the pamphlet had 16 pages, while the tenth edition has 44 pages. Regarding the latest updated, Young Women general president Elaine S. Dalton said, "The standards have not changed, but times have changed.... For the Strength of Youth has been revised to address the issues youth face today—to teach them the doctrine behind the standards and the promised blessings of obedience."
The pamphlet is divided into the following 19 sections:
- Agency and Accountability
- Dress and Appearance
- Entertainment and Media
- Honesty and Integrity
- Music and Dancing
- Physical and Emotional Health
- Sabbath Day Observance
- Sexual Purity
- Tithes and Offerings
- Work and Self-Reliance
- Go Forward with Faith
See also 
- Brent D. Fillmore, "Promoting Peculiarity—Different Editions of For the Strength of Youth,", Religious Educator 8, no. 3 (2007): 75–88.
- "For the Strength of Youth (1966)". New Cool Thang. 13 March 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "For the Strength of Youth pamphlet updated". LDS Living. 17 December 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- Official pamphlet companion website
- Official pamphlet: 10th edition (2011)
- Official pamphlet: 9th edition (2001)