Established as a sole trader by James WJ Wilson in 2006, Forbidden London promotes the nightlife sector, particularly by utilising the Internet to attract guests to events at leading nightclubs in Soho and Mayfair.
The company was registered as a limited company in December 2008 with directors named as James WJ Wilson and David West.
The company has staged a performance of Vivienne Westwood's Active Resistance to Propaganda manifesto at the Bloomsbury Ballroom on Friday 4 December 2009. The performance included Vivienne Westwood and Michelle Ryan.
In August 2011 Forbidden London announced 1000 job opportunities for young people in London.
- YouTube Forbidden London Present Vivienne Westwood's Active Resistance, London, 26 November 2009, retrieved 2009-11-26
- "Spear's Design for Living Awards 2011". London. 27 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-26.
- "1,000 jobs for young entrepreneurs – scarier than Cameron’s gangs?". Journalism.co.uk (London). 16 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- Official site of Forbidden London
- Official Forbidden London Directory of London businesses
- Forbidden London Studio