||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2011)|
Bethany • Penny • Julia
|Genre||Adult sci-fi series|
|Created by||Doug Brode|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||John Quinn|
|Camera setup||Film; Single-camera|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dangerous Tomorrows|
|Distributor||American Cinema Group|
|Original run||9 January 2009 – 28 March 2009|
Forbidden Science is a Cinemax "After Dark" series that premiered in January 2009. It is set in a near-future world in which people fulfill erotic desires with virtual reality and androids. The 13-episode series is a combination of film noir and erotic thriller, focuses on the lives of the 4Ever Innovations staff.
Cast and characters
- Vanessa Broze as Julia White – A clone of a brain–computer interface researcher Stephanie White; who via a memory chip from the recently deceased researcher, is able to join the staff and continue Stephanie’s work.
- Levi Freeman as Colin Summers – The owner of 4Ever Innovations.
- Joanne Alderson as Bethany Montrose – Joins 4Ever Innovations as the head of sales after her marriage ends. A friend of Colin’s from before the show.
- Noelle DuBois as Dr. Penny Serling – A researcher in android technology and virtual reality. She is a parody of the character Abby Sciuto on NCIS.
- Austin Ball as Dr. Philip Wise – A researcher in android technology and virtual reality. He becomes Penny Serling’s lover.
- Richard Roy Sutton as Adrian Turner – A co-founder of 4Ever Innovations.
- Mary LeGault as Laura Lucas – Colin Sommers Executive Assistant and lover.
|“4Ever”||Melanie Orr||Doug Brode||1|
|Two women have to start their lives over; one after a devastating divorce, the other after having been murdered.|
|“Adversaries” Part 1||Melanie Orr||Doug Brode||2|
|When 4Ever announces a new cloned-organ lab, someone sets a bomb in the building. Bethany and Julia both try to put the past behind them and begin a new life at 4Ever.|
|“Adversaries” Part 2||Melanie Orr||John Quinn & Devon Jacobs-Quinn||3|
|After Colin is nearly killed in an explosion, he and the 4Ever team set out to discover who’s responsible for the bombing.|
|“Weekend”||Melanie Orr||Doug Brode||4|
|It’s the weekend, but no one seems to be going home. Penny tries to create the perfect lover, while Bethany uncovers a secret project: Level 6.|
|“Hotzone”||John Quinn||William Burke||5|
|When an employee of 4Ever is found dead, Philip uses the experimental Gold Chip to relive the last few hours of their life.|
|“Property” Part 1||Clay Borris||Doug Brode||6|
|Julia falls in love with an android who is about to be destroyed by her company, and she makes a fateful decision that will put her at odds with her friends.|
|“Property” Part 2||Clay Borris||Doug Brode||7|
|Julia is on the run with an android she stole from 4Ever. Now, both her friends and the company’s competitors are hunting for them.|
|“Lonely”||Clay Borris||Doug Brode||8|
|When Laura begins an online virtual-affair, she uncovers secrets about who really created 4Ever Innovations.|
|“Tarot”||Clay Borris||Doug Brode||9|
|When Bethany is kidnapped by a group of Bio-Terrorists, Colin is forced to ask Julia for help. Julia must use a highly experimental, and dangerous procedure to enter the mind of a dying scientist.|
|“Virus”||Melanie Orr||Doug Brode||10|
|Penny Power to the rescue! When the 4Ever building is taken over by a thinking computer virus, Dr. Penny Serling suits up to save the day.|
|Julia, a clone of a dead woman, discovers a way to erase all of her programmed memories, and to finally be able to live her own life... but at what cost?|
|The answers start here. When the Gold Chip is successfully completed, Colin tries to find a way out of his deal with Adrian, and the Level 6 project.|
|Discover the truth. Live 4Ever. Colin’s missing, and Bethany uncovers the secret of Level 6. (Series finale)|
- Forbidden Science at Cinemax.com
- Forbidden Science on Facebook
- Forbidden Science at the Internet Movie Database