||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2011)|
|Genre||Adult sci-fi series|
|Created by||Doug Brode|
|Country of origin||USA|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||John Quinn|
|Camera setup||Film; Single-camera|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dangerous Tomorrows|
|Distributor||American Cinema Group|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)
|Original run||January 9, 2009 – present|
Forbidden Science is a Cinemax "After Dark" series that premiered on January 9, 2009, it is about a world in which people fulfill erotic desires with androids. It is a combination of film noir and sexploitation. Forbidden Science was a 13-episode series which follows the lives of the "4Ever Innovations" staff.
Cast and characters
- Levi Freeman - Colin Summers: The owner of 4Ever Innovations.
- Joanne Alderson - Bethany Montrose: Joins 4Ever Innovations as the head of sales after her marriage ends. A friend of Colin's from before the show.
- Austin Ball - Dr. Philip Wise: A researcher in android technology and virtual reality. He is the later lover of Penny Serling.
- Noelle DuBois - Dr. Penny Serling: A researcher in android technology and virtual reality. She is the later lover of Philip Wise. She is a parody of the character Abby Sciuto on NCIS.
- Mary LeGault - Laura Lucas: The assistant and lover to Colin Sommers.
- Vanessa Broze - Julia White: A clone of a computer/human brain researcher by the name of Stephanie White, who via a memory chip from the recently deceased researcher, is able to join the staff and continue Stephanie's work.
|Two women have to start their lives over; one after a devastating divorce, the other after having been murdered.|
|"Adversaries (part 1)"||2|
|When 4Ever announces a new cloned-organ lab, someone sets a bomb in the building. Bethany and Julia both try to put the past behind them and begin a new life at 4Ever.|
|"Adversaries (part 2)"||3|
|After Colin is nearly killed in an explosion, he and the 4Ever team set out to discover who’s responsible for the bombing.|
|It’s the weekend, but no one seems to be going home. Penny tries to create the perfect lover, while Bethany uncovers a secret project: Level 6.|
|When an employee of 4Ever is found dead, Philip uses the experimental Gold Chip to relive the last few hours of their life.|
|"Property (part 1)"||6|
|Julia falls in love with an android who is about to be destroyed by her company, and she makes a fateful decision that will put her at odds with her friends.|
|"Property (part 2)"||7|
|Julia is on the run with an android she stole from 4Ever. Now, both her friends and the company’s competitors are hunting for them.|
|When Laura begins an online virtual-affair, she uncovers secrets about who really created 4Ever Innovations.|
|When Bethany is kidnapped by a group of Bio-Terrorists, Colin is forced to ask Julia for help. Julia must use a highly experimental, and dangerous procedure to enter the mind of a dying scientist.|
|Penny Power to the rescue! When the 4Ever building is taken over by a thinking computer virus, Dr. Penny Serling suits up to save the day.|
|Julia, a clone of a dead woman, discovers a way to erase all of her programmed memories, and to finally be able to live her own life...but at what cost?|
|The answers start here. When the Gold Chip is successfully completed, Colin tries to find a way out of his deal with Adrian, and the Level 6 project.|
|Discover the truth. Live 4Ever. Colin’s missing, and Bethany uncovers the secret of Level 6. (Series finale).|