|Manufacturer||Ford Motor Company|
|Assembly||Oakville, Ontario, Canada (Oakville Assembly)|
|Class||Mid-size crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Platform||Ford CD3 platform|
|Engine||2.0 L EcoBoost I4
3.5 L Duratec 35 V6
3.7 L Duratec 37 V6
|Transmission||6-speed 6F50 automatic|
|Wheelbase||111.2 in (2,824 mm)|
|Length||2007–2010: 185.7 in (4,717 mm)
2011–: 184.2 in (4,679 mm)
|Width||2007–2010: 75.8 in (1,925 mm)
2011–: 76.0 in (1,930 mm)
|Height||67.0 in (1,702 mm)|
First generation (U387, 2006–2014) 
Trim levels 
The SE includes cloth seats, single-zone manual air-conditioning, AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/MP3 player, and 17" painted aluminum wheels.
The SEL includes unique cloth seats, 6-way power driver's seat, premium AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD/MP3 player, leather-wrapped steering wheel with secondary audio controls, and 18" painted aluminum wheels.
The Limited includes leather-trimmed seats, and optionally, 6-way power front passenger fold-flat seat, EasyFold second-row seat back release, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, SYNC in-car connectivity system, and 18" premium chrome-clad aluminum wheels. The Limited trim level replaced the SEL Plus in 2008.
The Sport trim level debuted at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show, with sales beginning as a 2009 model. The trim level includes leather-trimmed with grey faux suede inserts, reclining 60/40 fold-flat seats with center fold-down armrest, second-row seat back release (marketed as EasyFold), premium AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD/MP3 player, SYNC in-car connectivity system, larger diameter chrome exhaust tips, 20" premium chrome-clad aluminum wheels, all body-colored trim and optional 22-inch wheels.
|3,496 cc (213.3 cu in) Duratec 35 V6||2007–2010||265 bhp (198 kW)@6250||250 lb·ft (339 N·m)@4500|
|2011-present||285 bhp (213 kW)@6500||253 lb·ft (343 N·m)@4000|
|3,721 cc (227.1 cu in) Duratec 37 V6||2011–present||305 bhp (227 kW)@6250||280 lb·ft (380 N·m)@4500|
|1,999 cc (122.0 cu in) Ecoboost I4||2011–present||240 bhp (180 kW)@5500||270 lb·ft (366 N·m)@1750–4500 rpm|
Safety equipment includes standard dual front airbags, front side-impact airbags, side curtain airbags, anti-lock brakes, traction control, electronic stability control, and a tire-pressure monitoring system.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) 2011 Edge FWD Crash Ratings
- Ford Edge recognized as one of "Best Cars for Families" in 2007 by AAA and Parents Magazine.
- Edge earns IIHS "Top Safety Pick" rating for models built after January 2007
- 3.5L Duratec 35 V6 named one of the world's "10 Best Engines" by Ward.
- Ford Edge named "2007 Urban Truck of the Year" by On Wheels, Inc.
- Edge wins J.D. Power and Associates' 2007 "APEAL Award"
HySeries version 
Ford Canada announced in June 2007, that a gasoline-electric hybrid version of the Edge will debut in the 2010 model year. The model is expected to use a new hybrid system from Ford, pairing an electric motor with a V6 engine.
Additionally, after public presentation in 2007, Ford has been carefully pointing at future production of its HySeries Edge. This is a hybrid electric vehicle that uses hydrogen fuel along with plug-in charging of its lithium-ion battery pack, for a combined range of over 320 kilometres (200 mi). The HySeries system was first introduced in the Ford Airstream concept from the 2007 Detroit Auto Show. A concept of the Ford Edge with the HySeries Drive was unveiled in the 2007 Washington DC Auto Show. The HySeries system is related to General Motors E-Flex platform. The E-Flex Platform was introduced in the 2007 Detroit Auto Show as the power train of the Chevrolet Volt concept.
This vehicle was featured in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace starring Daniel Craig as Bond, which was filmed in 2008. In 2002, starting with Die Another Day, (Pierce Brosnan as Bond) Ford and Eon Productions agreed to a three film contract to have their vehicles displayed and/or used in the Bond movies. After Quantum of Solace, their contract expired.
First generation facelift (2011–2014) 
The facelifted Ford Edge was unveiled on February 12, 2010 at the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. Exterior changes include a new front fascia, wheels, and a revised bumper, while the revamped interior features upgraded materials and capacitive touch controls in place of some conventional buttons and switches, which can also be seen on the second-generation Lincoln MKX.
Three new engines are offered for the second generation: a 2.0L EcoBoost I4 engine, a 3.5L Duratec with Ti-VCT making 285 hp (213 kW) and 253 lb·ft (343 N·m) of torque, and for the Sport model, Ford will offer the same 3.7L Duratec engine that is offered in the 2011 Lincoln MKX with 305 hp (227 kW) and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) of torque. The turbocharger in the new 2.0L engine is designed for 150,000 miles or 10 years.
Trim levels 
The SE includes cloth-trimmed seats, single-zone manual air-conditioning, MyFord Touch with 4.2" color LCD displays in cluster and center stack with 5-way steering wheel controls, and 17-inch painted aluminum wheels.
The SEL includes everything in the SE plus unique cloth-trimmed seats, 6-way power driver's seat, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature controls (DEATC), leather-wrapped steering wheel with cruise control, 5-way switch pads and secondary audio controls, 18-inch painted aluminum wheels, reverse sensing system, and supplemental parking lamps.
The Limited includes everything in the SEL plus leather-trimmed seats, 10-way heated power driver's seat, Sony audio system with High Definition radio with 12 speakers in 10 locations, MyFord Touch with (2) driver configurable 4.2" color LCD displays in cluster and 8" color LCD display in center stack, Ford Sync including media hub with 2 USB ports, SD card reader and video input jacks, 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels, rear view camera, and 6-way heated power, fold-flat front passenger seat.
Limited options include HID headlamps, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System), and Adaptive Cruise Control.
The Sport includes 3.7L from the Mustang Twin-independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT) V6 engine, 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic transmission with paddle activation, unique Charcoal Black leather-trimmed seats with Silver Smoke Metallic inserts, 22-inch polished aluminum wheel with Tuxedo Black spoke accents, body-color front and rear lower fascia, 4-inch chrome oval dual exhaust tips, and body-color side lower cladding and rocker molding.
Second generation (2015 - ) 
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2013)|
In February 2013, Ford had set up an investor presentation and on one of the slides was a leaked image of the 2015 Ford Edge. The Edge has updated styling that resembled the 2013 Ford Taurus and had a more athletic look and higher belt lines. It will most likely lose the V6 option and use I4 engines only. It will have the 2.5 I4, 1.6 Ecoboost I4, 2.0 Ecoboost I4 and the new 2.3 Ecoboost I4 from the 2015 Mustang as the top engine choice. The second generation Edge will be sold globally along with other Ford products from North America such as the 2015 Mustang and 2013 Explorer. The 2015 Edge will ride on Fords global CD4 platform along with the 2013 Fusion/Mondeo, 2014 S-Max and the 2015 Galaxy. The vehicle will be unveiled in late 2013 or early-mid-2014 as a 2015 Model year. The 2015 Edge may also come as a Hybrid using the same technology the 2013 Ford Fusion uses and it may deliver around 40 MPG. In 2007 Ford had originally planned an Edge and MKX hybrid but it was not created due to slow sales.
The sister vehicle to the Edge is the Lincoln MKX. It will also be redesigned for the 2015 model year and will have a lot of the same options but will most likely have a V6 option, something the Edge will not, it may be the 3.7 V6 or the new 2.7 Ecoboost V6. Most Importantly the 2015 MKX will NOT be a rebadged crossover like the last generation was and will come from Lincoln new Design team.
Yearly American sales 
|Calendar Year||Total American sales|
- "2009 Ford Edge Sport". Inside Line.
- "2012 Ford Edge | View Full Engine Specifications". Ford.com. Retrieved 2012-01-06.
- "Ford Edge Crash Test Ratings". NHTSA. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- Van Alphen, Tony (2007-06-22). "Ford hybrid plans unclear after 2008". Toronto: The Star. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Future Vehicles Preview". Inside Line.
- Litterick, David (August 16, 2008). "Quantum of Solace's James Bond goes green with golden Ka". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- Posted by **TIME AGO**. "2011 Ford Edge and Edge Sport - Auto Shows - Auto Reviews". Car and Driver. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "2011 Lincoln MKX and 2011 Ford Edge interiors revealed". egmCarTech. 2010-01-07. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- Paukert, Chris (2010-02-15). "2011 Ford Edge gets three engine choices, more ambitious Sport model — Autoblog". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- "MY2011 Ford Edge Features First North American Application of 2.0L EcoBoost, Two Ti-VCT Engines". GreenCarCongress. 2010-02-10.
- "Ford Motor Company 2007 sales". January 3, 2008.
- "F-Series drives ford to higher market share for third consecutive month". Ford Motor Company. January 5, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "FORD CAPS 2009 WITH 33 PERCENT SALES INCREASE, FIRST FULL-YEAR MARKET SHARE GAIN SINCE 1995". Ford Motor Company. January 5, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "FORD’S 2010 SALES UP 19 PERCENT – LARGEST INCREASE OF ANY FULL-LINE AUTOMAKER; FOUNDATION SET FOR GROWTH IN 2011 | Ford Motor Company Newsroom". Media.ford.com. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "2011 Ford Brand Sales up 17 Percent for the Year in U.S.". Media.ford.com. 2012-01-04. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ford Edge|
- New Ford Edge 2014-2015?
- Ford Edge Homepage
- Ford Edge Photos, Forums, and Documents
- 2007 Ford Edge Road Test Review
- Ford Edge 2011 Tech Review
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Ford Edge Hybrid|
|« previous - Ford Motor Company light truck timeline, North America, 1980s–present|
|Full-size crossover||Freestyle||Taurus X||Flex|
|Compact SUV||Bronco II||Bronco II|
|Mid-size pickup||Explorer Sport Trac||Explorer Sport Trac|
|Super Duty||Super Duty||Super Duty|
|Compact MPV||Transit Connect|
|Vehicle is only available in Mexico|