Ford Falcon (XT)
|Ford XT Falcon|
Ford XT Falcon GT
|Also called||Ford XT Fairmont|
|Production||March 1968-June 1969|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door Sedan
5-door Station Wagon
2-door Coupé utility
|Related||Ford ZB Fairlane|
|Engine||3.1 L (188 CID) 6-cyl
3.6 L (221 CID) 6-cyl
5.0 L (302 CID) V8 
3spd “Fordomatic” automatic
3spd “SelectShift Cruis-o-matic” automatic 
|Curb weight||1324 kg (sedan)|
|Predecessor||Ford XR Falcon|
|Successor||Ford XW Falcon|
The Ford XT Falcon is a car which was produced by Ford Australia between 1968 and 1969.
The XT Falcon range was introduced in March 1968  as a facelifted version of the XR Falcon, which it replaced. The XT featured a revised grille and taillights and improved safety features including split-system brakes, larger tyres and electrically operated windscreen washers.
Standard equipment in the luxury Fairmont models included bucket seats, front disc brakes, a heater/demister, a wood-grain dash, carpet and courtesy lamps in all four doors. The Fairmont Wagon featured an electrically operated tailgate.
- Falcon Sedan
- Falcon 500 Sedan
- Fairmont Sedan
- Falcon GT Sedan
- Falcon Station Wagon
- Falcon 500 Station Wagon
- Fairmont Station Wagon
- Falcon Utility
- Falcon 500 Utility
- Falcon Van
The luxury Fairmont models were not badged or marketed as Falcons.
The XT Falcon GT, which was introduced two months after the other models in May 1968, was the performance model in the range.
Four engines were offered in the XT range, all with increased capacity.
- 3.1 L (188 CID) 114 bhp six-cylinder was standard on Falcon and Falcon 500 models 
- 3.6 L (221 CID) 135 bhp six-cylinder was standard on Fairmont models and optional on Falcon and Falcon 500 
- 5.0 L (302 CID) 210 bhp V8 was optional on Falcon, Falcon 500 and Fairmont 
- 5.0 L (302 CID) 230 bhp V8 was standard on Falcon GT 
Engine capacity was now officially quoted in litres rather than cubic inches.
Production & replacement
An XT Falcon GT driven by Bill Gates and Jim Bertram scored an outright victory in the 1969 Rothmans 12 Hour Classic race for production cars at Surfers Paradise International Raceway on 5 January 1969.
- Ford Australia sales brochure FXT2/68/5
- Glass’s Dealers Guide, South Australian and Northern Territory Edition, June 1973, page 50
- Ford Falcon XT Retrieved from www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au on 15 April 2010
- Ford Falcon XT GT Retrieved from www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au on 15 April 2010
- Falcon XT Technical Specifications Retrieved from www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au on 15 April 2010
- Sweet Smell of Success, Racing Car News, February 1969, pages 30-33
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ford XT Falcon.|