Forel International School
The Cambridge International School, is an International school. It is located in Bratislava, Slovakia with a no longer existent branch in Trnava. Teaching at Cambridge is based on the theory of Multiple Intelligences, using the Inquiry-based learning method. The curriculum of each of the three entities, the pre-school, the elementary school and the high school is carefully designed as a global curriculum, consisting of the best of what is available in the different countries of the world - instruction is in English, combined with Slovak from Pre-K to 7th grade (as of 2007).
- The school is accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic, The curriculum has been studied, approved and positively recommended by the Slovak Federal Institute of Education.
- The School uses Cambridge International Examinations, both for primary years and secondary education (the International General Certificate of Secondary Education).
- In cooperation with the American Embassy, Afghan-American Tooba Mayel, from a Kabul-based NGO called Arzu which hires Afghan women to make carpets and market them throughout the world, visited Slovakia on December 6. In return for higher wages earned for carpet weaving, families of more than 700 women working for Arzu must agree to send children under age 15 to school full-time and to attend literacy classes. During her visit in Slovakia, Ms. Mayel visited many places including Forel International School, where she spoke to a classroom of about 30 engaged students between the ages of 11 and 14. The children became particularly interested in the idea of designing a carpet that the Afghan weavers could then make.
- AIESEC in Slovakia held its Supervisory Group meeting at the school in 2007.
- "Swiss are punctual, Scots and Slovaks love their pubs". The Slovak Spectator (in English). Petit Press. 2002-07-15. spectator.sme.sk. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- Dugovičová, Kristína (2011-04-22). "Sebavedomá". Plus 7 dní (in Slovak). SPOLOČNOSŤ 7 PLUS, s.r.o. plus7dni.pluska.sk. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- Embassy Events - Tooba Mayel speaks at Forel International School U.S. Department of State, accessed Jan. 5th, 2008