|Publisher||Male Genital Mutilation bill Comics (MGMbill Comics)|
|Created by||Matthew Hess|
|Alter ego||Miles Hastwick|
|Place of origin||Earth|
|Abilities||Plasma flight boots|
Foreskin Man is a comic book superhero created by Matthew Hess to protest against circumcision.
Fictional character biography
Foreskin Man's alter ego is Miles Hastwick, a former corporate scientist now curator of the Museum of Genital Integrity. He is adamantly against the practice of circumcision. In the first issue, Hastwick comes up with the alter ego of Foreskin Man to fight against practitioners of circumcision and "the pro-circumcision lobby", who he feels have gained too much power through "all of the well connected doctors and lawyers." In the third issue of the comic, he gains a female sidekick, "Vulva Girl", who fights to oppose female genital mutilation and together they travel to Kenya to stop tribal circumcisions.  In the fourth issue he travels to Turkey to prevent the teenage son of a belly dancer from receiving an Islamic circumcision.
Accusations of antisemitism
The second issue of Foreskin Man, in which the hero fights against a villain named Monster Mohel drew criticism from the Anti-Defamation League. Nancy Appel, the ADL's associate director, was quoted as saying,
"The (Monster) mohel has a dark complexion, hook nose and is practically drooling at the thought of apparently doing harm to a child, he even has claws on his fingertips. He is blood thirsty just like the grotesque Jewish stereotypes that appeared in Nazi propaganda. It's absolutely a direct parallel."
- Hess, Matthew. "Miles Hastwick". MGMbill Comics. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- Hess, Matthew (2010). Foreskin Man Issue # 1. MGMbill Comics. p. 5.
- "Foreskin Man, Meet Vulva Girl".
- "Foreskin Man and Vulva Girl Team Up to Battle Circumcision in Africa".
- Jennifer Lipman, "Foreskin Man is back to battle Muslim circumcision", The Jewish Chronicle, April 5, 2013.
- Debra J. Saunders, "Foreskin Man goes to Turkey", San Francisco Chronicle, April 4, 2013.
- Daily Mail, June 19, 2011, "'Foreskin Man' accused of anti-semitism row as unlikely comic-book hero does battle with circumcision", Daily Mail, June 19, 2011.
|This article about a comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|