Forest Hills (Washington, D.C.)
Forest Hills is a quiet residential neighborhood in the northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C., United States, bounded by Connecticut Avenue NW to the west, Rock Creek Park to the east, Chevy Chase to the north, and Tilden Street NW to the south. The neighborhood is frequently referred to as Van Ness, both because of its proximity to the University of the District of Columbia (UDC)'s Van Ness campus, and because it is served by the Van Ness–UDC station on the Washington Metro's Red Line.
In addition to its location adjacent to Connecticut Avenue, Forest Hills is served by the Red Line of the Washington Metro, and the Crosstown Line (H2, H3 and H4) and Connecticut Avenue Line (L1, L2, and L4) of the D.C. Metrobus.
Points of interest
The Howard University School of Law campus is across Connecticut Avenue from UDC on Upton Street NW. The Levine School of Music is located on Upton Street, in the building originally occupied by the Carnegie Geophysical Laboratory. The Edmund Burke School, founded in 1968, is located on Upton Street, in the building that was originally occupied by Devitt Prep.
The embassies of the Czech Republic and the Netherlands are located on Linnean Avenue NW in Forest Hills, while that of Suriname is on Connecticut Avenue. The embassy of Hungary is just south of Tilden Street in Cleveland Park, and a number of other embassies are located just to the west in North Cleveland Park.
- "H2,3,4 Crosstown Line" (PDF). Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. 19 Dec 2010. p. 2. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "L1,2,4 Connecticut Avenue Line" (PDF). Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. 19 Dec 2010. p. 2. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- Elfin, Margery L.; Williams, Paul K.; The Forest Hills Neighborhood Alliance (2006). Forest Hills. Images of America. Charleston, SC: Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 0-7385-4299-7.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Forest Hills, Washington, D.C..|
- ANC 3F, Forest Hills Advisory Neighborhood Commission
- Forest Hills neighborhood map by StationMasters Online
|This article about a location in Washington, D.C. is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|