From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Forest green (color))
For other possibilities, see Forest Green.
|sRGBB (r, g, b)||(34, 139, 34)|
|CMYKH (c, m, y, k)||(83, 21, 100, 8)|
|HSV (h, s, v)||(120°, 76%, 55%)|
|B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
H: Normalized to [0–100] (hundred)
- Forest green is used to represent deciduous forest on maps depicting natural vegetation.
- Forest green may be used to represent the Green movement, especially in graphic design for environmental literature regarding issues having to do with forest conservation.
- A forest green environmentalist (also called a dark green environmentalist) is an environmentalist who is seriously committed to environmentalism.
- School Colors
- Forest green is one of the school colors of The Evergreen State College, Agincourt Collegiate Institute, Wagner College, Cass Technical High School, The Westminster Schools, Canyon Lake High School, St Robert Catholic High School, Westlake High School, and Mesa Verde High School (Citrus Heights, California).
- Forest green is used in the uniforms of the Boy Scouts of America, Venture Scouts, and other Scouting organizations.
- Forest green is one of the team colors of the Nottingham Hoods, an English basketball team. It is also found on the team colors of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, as related to the flag of Saskatchewan. The Minnesota Wild of the NHL has forest green as one of their team colors.
- W3C. "SVG Color Keywords, CSS3 Color Module, W3C Candidate Recommendation 14 May 2003". Retrieved 2007-01-06.
- Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York:1930 McGraw-Hill Page 195; color sample of Forest Green: Page 69 Plate 23 Color Sample L6
- Go halfway down web page where it says “How Green is Nest”?: