The Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) (Pretoria) was established in 1997 and is located on the University of Pretoria campus. The goal of the institute is to help the development of novel food and fibre crops, that will clearly contribute to global economic development and food security.
FABI was involved in 2011 in the completion of the eucalyptus tree genome (Eucalyptus grandis).
Research Areas 
- Agricultural and Forest Biotechnology
- Forest Entomology and Forest Pathology
- Agricultural Plant Pathology and Entomology
- Biological Control of Fungal Pathogens and Insect Pests
- Microbial Bioinformatics and Phylogenetics
- Mycology and Fungal Biodiversity
External links