|Directed by||William Wedig|
|Music by||Evan Wilson, Alex Alexander (percussion)|
|Edited by||William Wedig|
|Distributed by||Maya Entertainment|
Forged is a 2010 drama directed by William Wedig starring Manny Perez, David Castro, Margo Martindale, Kevin Breznahan, and Jaime Tirelli. Forged was released in theaters through Maya Entertainment on July 29, 2011, as part of the Maya Indie Series.
||This section contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (June 2013)|
Set in the cold and industrial town of Scranton, Pennsylvania, Forged follows Chuco (Manny Perez) on his quest to redeem himself after committing a horrific sin against his son, Machito (David Castro). After Chuco’s release from prison, the boy, now 13 years old, abused and homeless, seeks him out and simply mutters: “You killed my mother. Now I kill you.” As Chuco’s guilt and Machito’s need for a father take hold, they must both find a way to move past impossible circumstances to forge a bond that has been forever broken.
Awards and screenings
- Best Domestic Feature, Presented by HBO at the 2010 New York International Latino Film Festival
- Outstanding Film Award at the 2010 Providence Latin American American Film Festival
- Official Selection at the 2010 Los Angeles Latino Film Festival
- Official Selection at the 2011 San Diego Latino Film Festival
- "Forged on Internet Movie Database". IMDB. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- "Community Film Project: "FORGED" Press Conference". Community Film Project.
- "Maya Indie Series 2011". Maya Entertainment.
- "Forged The Movie". Facebook. Retrieved 2011-06-03.
- "2010 NYLIFF Winners". NY Latino. Retrieved 2011-06-03.
- "Colony Film Festival". Colony Film Festival.
- "14th Los Angeles Latino Film Festival". Cinema Without Borders. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- "Media Arts Center". Media Arts Center.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|