|Years active||1999 – present|
|Website||Forgotten Tomb Official Facebook|
Forgotten Tomb is an Italian blackened doom metal band, formed in Piacenza in 1999 by Ferdinando "Herr Morbid" Marchisio. The lyrical themes of the band's early albums revolve mostly around depression and suicide, while the recent albums lyrics deal with negativity and nihilism.
Forgotten Tomb's debut recording, Obscura Arcana Mortis, was recorded by Herr Morbid as a solo undertaking in 1999. It was released the following year in CD format through Treblinka Productions and limited to 215 pieces. The band's first full-length album, Songs to Leave, was released in 2002 through Selbstmord Services. After several line-up changes, the album was followed by Springtime Depression in 2003 and Love's Burial Ground in 2004. Both albums were released through Adipocere Records. In 2006, Forgotten Tomb signed with Avantgarde Music and recorded its fourth full-length, Negative Megalomania. The album was released in January 2007.
A compilation album, Vol.5 1999-2009 featuring re-recordings of classic songs and two full covers by Nirvana and Black Flag as well as an intro section to Subway Apathy which is Black Sabbath's self-titled track, was released August 16, 2010 on Avantgarde Music.
- Herr Morbid – Guitars and vocals
- Razor SK – Guitars
- Algol – Bass
- Asher – Drums
- Torment – Bass
- Wudang – Session guitars
- Wedebrand – Session drums (ex-Shining)
- Henrik Nordvargr Björkk – Effects
- Obscura Arcana Mortis (EP, 2000)
- Songs to Leave (2002)
- Springtime Depression (2003)
- Love's Burial Ground (2004)
- Negative Megalomania (2007)
- Vol 5: 1999/2009 (Live in studio, 2010)
- Under Saturn Retrograde (2011)
- A Tribute To GG Allin - Split by Forgotten Tomb / Whiskey Ritual (2011)
- Deprived EP (2012)
- ...And Don't Deliver Us From Evil... (2012)