From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up form factor or form factor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Form factor may refer to:
- Form factor (radiative transfer) or emissivity, the proportion of energy transmitted by that object which can be transferred to another object;
- Form factor (electronics), characterizing the functional form of oscillating signals.
- Form factor (quantum field theory), a semi-empirical formula used in effective quantum field theories
- Electric form factor, the Fourier transform of electric charge distribution in space
- Magnetic form factor, the Fourier transform of an electric current distribution in space
- Atomic form factor, or atomic scattering factor, a measure of the amplitude of a wave scattered from an isolated atom
- A form factor in timber metrics referring to the tree shape
- Computer form factor, the industry-standard physical dimensions of the major components of computers
- Hard disk drive form factor, the physical dimensions of a computer hard drive
- Hard disk enclosure form factor, the physical dimensions of a computer hard drive enclosure
- Mobile phone form factor, the fundamental design of a mobile phone
- Small form factor, a system smaller than a traditional mini-tower, such as a book-sized PC or a miniature Home Theater PC (HTPC)
- Pizza box form factor, a style of case, usually wide and flat, for computers or network switches
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.