Formula Acceleration 1
Formula Acceleration 1 (FA1) is a single make, open wheel auto racing series. It is unusual in its field in that competitors solely represented their nation as opposed to themselves or a team, the usual format in most formula racing series.
FA1 was created in 2014 as the signature category in the Acceleration 2014 series of motorsport festivals. Rather than developed their own car, the series reduces costs substantially by utilising the Lola B05/52 which was used in the early years of the A1 Grand Prix series. They also continue to use the same 3.4 litre V8 engine built by Zytek Engineering.
All cars are mechanically identical and have been built with reducing costs in mind, which has led to an approximate price for the whole season of €450,000. FA1 will use the Lola B05/52, used in the A1 Grand Prix between 2005 and 2008.
- Engine: 3.4 litre Zytek ZA1348 V8
- Horsepower: 550 hp
- Chassis: carbon fibre and aluminium honeycomb
- Wheelbase: 3,000 mm (118.1 in)
- Weight: 698 kg (driver included)
- Suspension: double wishbone suspension with push-rod
- Dampers: Öhlins TT44 3-Way, adjustable
- Gearbox: Xtrac, electronic, six gears
- Brakes: AP calipers with four pistons, steel discs
- Tyres: Michelin