Formula Masters China
|Tyre suppliers||Giti Tire|
|Drivers' champion||Aidan Wright|
|Teams' champion||Meritus GP|
|Official website||Formula Masters China Series|
Formula Masters China (previously known as Formula Pilota China), is a single-seater racing series based in Asia. The series was created in 2011 after the success of the Formula Abarth championship that was created a year before. Giti Tire takes over Yokohama as the sole tyre supplier in 2013.
Each event in the championship is normally run to a three-day schedule. It comprises two free practice sessions on the first day, one qualifying session and 45–55 km or 25-minute race on the second day, and a 45–55 km or 25-minute race on the third day. The grid for the second race is determined by the fastest lap in the first race; if drivers set equal times, priority will be given to driver who set the time first.
Formula Pilota China Cars
All the teams in Formula Pilota China use the same Tatuus FA010 chassis and a 1.4 litre FPT engine.
- Chassis: Tatuus FA010 Carbon composite monocoque FIA F3 2002
- Dimension: 2650mm x 1490mm x 1455mm
- Weight: 525kg
- Engine: FPT 414TF
- Displacement: 1.400cc
- Power output: 180hp
- Fuel: Premier, FIA FT3 fuel cell ethanol compatible
- Gearbox: Sadev sequential six-speed gearbox — LSD differential.
- Front Suspension: Double wishbone with pushrods
- Rear Suspension: Double wishbone with pushrods
- Shock Absorbers: ORA
- Brake Disc: AP cast iron ventilated discs, 278mm x 16mm.
- Wheel Rims: ATS, Front 9x13", Rear 10,5x13"centre-bolt aluminium.
- Tyres: GitiCompete GTR1 racing slicks and wet weather tyres
- Fuel Tank: 45 litres
After each race the points will be awarded to eligible drivers listed as classified finishers as follows:
Points are awarded after the completion of any Judicial or Technical procedures and after the Stewards have declared the results final. Only the best eleven race results are retained, any other points being discarded.
|Season||Champion||Second||Third||Best Asian/Chinese Driver Trophy||Team Champion|
|2011||Mathéo Tuscher||Luís Sá Silva||Dustin Sofyan||Dustin Sofyan||not awarded|
|2012||Antonio Giovinazzi||Dan Wells||Parth Ghorpade||Parth Ghorpade||Eurasia Motorsport|
|2013||Aidan Wright||Afiq Yazid||Akash Nandy||Pu Jun Jin||Meritus GP|
- "Introduction". Formula Pilota China. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- (simplified Chinese)"佳通GitiCompete GTR1成青年冠军方程式系列赛唯一指定轮胎". Giti Tire. 25 April 2013.
- "Sporting Regulation". Formula Pilota China. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- "Technical Specifications". Formula Piota China. Retrieved 19 February 2012.