|Motto: "Pride and progress"|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|Area||3.17 sq mi (8 km2)|
|- land||3.17 sq mi (8 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,156.6 / sq mi (447 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Forsyth, Illinois|
Forsyth is a village in Macon County, Illinois, United States whose population was 2,434 at the 2000 census, and 3,007 in 2009. It is included in the Decatur, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area pop. 109,456.
Forsyth was named for Robert Forsyth, a railroad official.
Forsyth is located at (39.9258, -88.9593).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 3.17 square miles (8.2 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,434 people, 903 households, and 728 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,156.6 people per square mile (447.5/km²). There were 941 housing units at an average density of 447.1 per square mile (173.0/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 96.96% White, 1.27% African American, 0.21% Native American, 1.31% Asian, 0.04% from other races, and 0.21% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.49% of the population.
There were 903 households out of which 37.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.4% were married couples living together, 4.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.3% were non-families. 17.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the village the population was spread out with 28.1% under the age of 18, 4.3% from 18 to 24, 24.7% from 25 to 44, 29.7% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 96.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.9 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $69,000, and the median income for a family was $81,211. Males had a median income of $61,053 versus $33,125 for females. The per capita income for the village was $34,010. About 1.4% of families and 1.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.1% of those under age 18 and 2.2% of those age 65 or over.
K–12 public education in the Forsyth area is provided by the Forsyth Public School District.
- Forsyth Grade School (Mascot: Trojans)
- Forsyth Middle School (Mascot: Trojans)
- Forsyth High School (Mascot: Trojans)
- Kevin Koslofski outfielder for the Kansas City Royals (1992-1994) and Milwaukee Brewers (1996), graduate of Maroa Forsyth High School
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 128.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.