From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fortification, fort, fortify, or fortified in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A fort is a fortification, a defensive military construction.
Types of fortifications
- Castle, fortified building
- Defensive wall, fortified wall
- Blanket fort or pillow fort, built by children
- Device Forts, England from 1539
- Hill fort, European Bronze Age / Maori / Indian
- Martello tower, British Empire 19th century
- Promontory fort, mainly Iron Age
- Star fort, 15th and 16th century Europe
- Tegart fort, Palestine from 1938
- Wagon fort, many periods and places
- Playplace, for children, also known as a play fort
- The Fort Arts Hub (Brisbane), an independent centre for the arts, Brisbane
- Fort (Mumbai precinct), a neighborhood in India
in Sri Lanka
- Fort (Colombo), the central business district of Colombo, Sri Lanka
In the United Kingdom
- The Fort Shopping Park, a retail park in Birmingham
in the United States
- A name prefix used for many Army bases and cities built around them.
- The Fort (Taft, California), listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Kern County, California
- The Fort (Morrison, Colorado), listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Jefferson County, Colorado
- The Fort (Gillette Stadium), area of soccer stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts
- The Fort (North Lewisburg, Ohio), listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Union County, Ohio
- Fort (surname)
- Fort (band), an Australian band
- Forts (album), an album by The Boggs
- Fleet Fort, a Canadian World War II aircraft
- RPC Fort, a Ukrainian arms manufacturer
- Fort 12, a Ukrainian semi-automatic pistol
- Fort, journal of the Fortress Study Group, academic journal on military fortification
- The Fort, a novel written by Bernard Cornwell
- Michael McKenry, a baseball player, has been nicknamed "Fort" or "The Fort"
- Fortress (disambiguation)
- Category:Forts for Wikipedia articles on forts
- Wikipedia articles starting with "Fort"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fort.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.