Epic Games Poland
|Composer(s)||Rom Di Prisco|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4|
Fortnite is an upcoming game from Epic Games. It is centred on a scavenge by day and fight by night scenario. It will be the first game from Epic to utilize Epic's Unreal Engine 4 and is currently set for release in 2015. An invite-only Alpha is scheduled for late 2014.
Fortnite is described as a co-op sandbox survival game and is about exploration, scavenging gear, building fortified structures, and fighting waves of encroaching monsters. Players will work together to scavenge items they can use for building by day to build their fort, and by night defend it from the monsters. Building will be a core mechanic in the game, and there will be "a lot of loot" buried within. Players can build and edit each wall of their fort with a 3x3 grid, laydown stairs, roofs, and windows, sculpting them to suit a particular need. Epic Games Poland (formerly known as Epic Games's subsidiary People Can Fly) will also be working on the title.
- Greening, Chris (2014-04-23). "Game Release Calendar: Composer Assignments 2014". Game Music Online. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- Bell, Kyle (2014-07-08). "Epic Games Details Fortnite, Releases Gameplay Trailer". Game Freaks 365. Retrieved 2014-07-08.
- McWhertor, Michael (2012-03-26). "Epic Games' 'Fortnite' will be the developer's first Unreal Engine 4 game". The Verge. Retrieved 2012-07-13.
- Sarkar, Samit (2013-11-01). "People Can Fly now known as Epic Games Poland". Polygon. Retrieved 2013-11-01.
- Sinclair, Brendan (2011-12-10). "Epic Games reveals Fortnite". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- Ryckert, Dan (2014-04-08). "May Cover Revealed – Fortnite". Game Informer. GameStop. Retrieved 2014-04-09.