|Slogan||The first collaborative photo encyclopedia|
|Type of site||Photo/Encyclopedia|
|Content license||Creative Commons or All Rights Reserved|
|Alexa rank||27,375 (December 2013[update])|
Fotopedia is a photo encyclopedia that, as of August 2011, has generated more than 51,000 pages and linked to over 755,000 photos.
Members can create photo-driven articles which include Wikipedia and Google Maps information. They can add a limited number of photos per day resulting in a high quality selection of photos. The range of topics varies widely from precise locations, music bands or species to countries and famous people. As well as taking part in the encyclopedia, professional and amateur photographers on Fotopedia can create albums to display their works, use Wikipedia articles to add context and to advertise popular albums. Fotopedia also has several social networking features, such as a profile page and ability to interact with other users and content.
- "Fotopedia.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "The Monde.fr: Checklist". Le Monde (in French). 29 September 2009.
- Leena Rao (June 9, 2009). "Fotonauts Emerges From Its Cocoon As Interactive, Web-Based Fotopedia". Tech Crunch.
- Jennifer Van Grove. "Fotopedia: An Online Encyclopedia for Photos". Mashable.
- "Help - Fotopedia". Fotopedia.
- Stephanie Schlegel (June 9, 2009). "Fotopedia Launches the World's First Collaborative Photo Encyclopedia". Marketwire (Palo Alto).
- "Fotopedia Creates a Wikipedia-Inspired Online Photo Encyclopedia". LifeHacker.