FourTrack is a multitrack audio recorder app for iOS and Android developed by Sonoma Wire Works. This app is a songwriting and practice tool for singers, guitar players, piano players and other musicians who want to capture musical ideas and record songs on their iPhone (3GS or later), iTouch (3rd generation or later), and iPad using iOS 4.3 or later. FourTrack works using your smartphone's built-in microphone or a headset mic. WiFi sync allows FourTrack recordings to be transferred to any desktop computer either by launching RiffWorks recording software and clicking import, or by downloading the tracks with a browser, then importing them into any recording software (DAW). Sonoma Wire Works, is the maker of RiffWorks guitar recording software, and by The Retronyms, makers of Recorder, a voice recorder for the iPhone and iPod touch.
FourTrack's Features and Specifications:
- Maximum Track count: 4
- Maximum Track length: unlimited
- Recording quality: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
- Calibrated meters: accurately monitor record and playback levels
- Recording clip lights: ensure input levels do not cause distortion
- Calibrated faders: accurately adjust playback level of each track
- Pan control: move tracks from left to right
- Timeline: seek to anywhere in your song instantly
- Shuttle wheel: accurately move within your song
- Slide-to-Record: prevents over-writing your tracks
- Latency compensation: accurate to within 1ms
- Compressor-limiter: automatically fattens sound of output mix
- Song list: unlimited song count
- WiFi sync to computer: copy recordings (.wav files) directly to a desktop computer for use in any digital audio workstation. Or import directly into RiffWorks desktop recording software - RiffWorks Standard and RiffWorks T4 v2.5 automatically detect and import tracks directly from FourTrack, including pan and gain settings, using Bonjour on Mac and Windows. Songs can be instantly posted from RiffWorks to the RiffWorld.com community for comments, online collaboration, and contests. More tracks, effects, and drums can be added to songs using RiffWorks. All tracks can be exported from RiffWorks as .wav files for use in any DAW.
- MasterFX: intensify the sounds of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
- AudioPaste from compatible AudioCopy apps including InstantDrummer, DopplerPad, VOX 3000, Reverb, Equalizer, Compressor, BassLine, and more
- PromoTracks: download individual PromoTracks from a variety of artists directly into a FourTrack song to add more tracks, mixdown with effects, export and more.
- iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or iPod Touch (2nd or 3rd generation)
- iPhone OS 3.0 or later
- Built-in mic/headphones or third party headset/microphone
- The New Hotness: FourTrack Audio Recorder for iPhone, iPod Touch" by Wired.com
- "FourTrack is a Big Step in Music Production on the iPhone" by AppCraver.com