Fourteen Minutes Old
|"Fourteen Minutes Old"|
|Single by Doug Stone|
|from the album Doug Stone|
|B-side||"High Weeds and Rust"|
|Released||June 28, 1990|
|Format||CD Single, Cassingle, 7"|
|Writer(s)||A.L. "Doodle" Owens
|Doug Stone singles chronology|
"Fourteen Minutes Old" is a song written by A.L. "Doodle" Owens and Dennis Knutson, and recorded by American country music artist Doug Stone. It was released in June 1990 as the second single from his self titled debut album. It peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and number 5 on The Canadian RPM Tracks chart.
The song's narrator is at home by himself, counting the minutes since his lover left: "There's still some coffee in her cup / And it's not even cold / And her memory's only fourteen minutes old." This line changes to fifteen, then sixteen minutes as the song progresses.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||5|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||51|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||63|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 405. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- AOL Music profile for "Fourteen Minutes Old"
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 13, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Doug Stone Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Doug Stone.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|