The Fourth Development Cabinet (Indonesian: Kabinet Pembangunan IV) was the Indonesian cabinet which served under President Suharto and Vice President Umar Wirahadikusumah from March 1983 until March 1988. The Cabinet was formed after Suharto was elected to a 4th term as President by the People's Consultative Assembly (MPR).
The Five Cabinet Aims
- Intensifying the Development Trilogy with the support of a stronger National Resilience.
- Intensifying administrative reform and aiming towards a clean and legitimate Government.
- Intensifying the institutionalization of Pancasila in developing Pancasila Democracy and the Guide to Learn and Apply Pancasila (P4) and to strengthen the unity and oneness of the Nation.
- Intensifying the free and active foreign policy for the sake of National Interest.
- Holding a direct, universal, free, and secret Legislative Election in 1987.
President and Vice President
- President: Gen. (ret.) Suharto
- Vice President: Gen. (ret.) Umar Wirahadikusumah
- Coordinating Minister of Politics and Security: Gen. (ret.) Surono
- Coordinating Minister of Economics, Finance, Industry and Development Supervision: Ali Wardhana
- Coordinating Minister of People's Welfare: Lt. Gen. (ret.) Alamsyah Prawiranegara
- State Minister/State Secretary: Lt. Gen. (ret.) Sudharmono
- State Minister of National Development Planning/Chairman of the National Development Planning Body (BAPPENAS): JB Sumarlin
- State Minister of Research and Technology/Chairman of the Research and Implementation of Technology Board (BPPT): BJ Habibie
- State Minister of Population and Environment: Emil Salim
- State Minister of Housing: Cosmas Batubara
- State Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports: Lt. Col. Abdul Gafur
- State Minister of Administrative Reform/Vice Chairman of BAPPENAS: Saleh Afiff
- State Minister of Female Empowerment: L Soetanto
- Junior Minister/Cabinet Secretary: Brig. Gen. Murdiono
- Junior Minister of the Intensification of Consumption of Nationally-made Goods: Ginandjar Kartasasmita
- Junior Minister of the Intensification of Foodstuffs Production: Wardoyo
- Junior Minister of the Intensification of Hard Plants Production: Hasjrul Harahap
- Junior Minister of the Intensification of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Production: JH Hutasoit
Officials With The Rank Of Minister
- June 1985: Nugroho Notosusanto died and was replaced by Fuad Hassan as Minister of Education and Culture.
- L Soesanto died and was replaced by AS Murpratomo as State Minister of Female Empowerment.
- February 1988: Benny Moerdani was replaced as Commander of ABRI by General Try Sutrisno.
- Simanjuntak, P. N. H. (2003), Kabinet-Kabinet Republik Indonesia: Dari Awal Kemerdekaan Sampai Reformasi (in Indonesian), Jakarta: Djambatan, pp. 357–364, ISBN 979-428-499-8.