Fox College Sports
|Fox College Sports|
|Owned by||Fox Entertainment Group
(21st Century Fox)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Broadcast area||United States|
|Formerly called||Fox Sports Digital Networks (2000-2002)|
|Sister channel(s)||Fox Sports 1
Fox Sports 2
Fox Sports Networks
Big Ten Network
|DirecTV (U.S.)||617, 623, 626 (live games only)|
|Available on most U.S. cable systems||Check local listings|
|Verizon FiOS||300 FCS Atlantic
301 FCS Central
302 FCS Pacific
|AT&T Uverse||647 FCS Atlantic
648 FCS Central
649 FCS Pacific
|Google Fiber||FCS Atlantic
Fox College Sports is a group of three United States digital cable networks, FCS Atlantic, FCS Central and FCS Pacific owned by 21st Century Fox, that specialize primarily in showing collegiate programming, live events, coaches shows & various DI, DII, & DIII content surrounding college athletics. The channels show a wide array of all collegiate sports licensed by the NCAA as well as club sports. FCS also producing a number of exclusive original programs.
Major events include:
- Men's & women's soccer
- Women's volleyball
- Track and field
- Swimming and diving
The channels are divided into three geographical areas, which are FCS Pacific, FCS Central and FCS Atlantic. In addition to the events, the network features weekly coach's shows for various universities, programs from the various conferences and schools that highlight their athletes, and the regional sports reports from Fox Sports Networks and other regional sports channels not within the Fox Sports system. Also featured are high school basketball and football games and some state championships for these sports.
FCS Final Score, a news program similar to Final Score, also airs on this network at the top of the hour.
The channels also features the FISU International Collegiate Olympic Games every 2 years - both Winter and Summer. FCS is the exclusive domestic television carrier for these events.
While FCS is primarily a digital cable-only service (the networks were founded as Fox Sports Digital, referring to digital cable), select programs have been seen on Fox Sports affiliates or on alternate satellite channels.
FCS Produced Content: The 3 FCS Channels offer the Fox Sports Networks feeds from the following channels, including live games (FSN has rights to show live Big 12 Conference football, Pacific-10 Conference football and basketball and Atlantic Coast Conference basketball games on Fox College Sports). They also rerun shows originally produced by and shown on the networks listed:
- FCS Atlantic: Shows Atlantic Coast Conference, Big East Conference, and Southeastern Conference content from Root Sports Pittsburgh, Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Tennessee, SportSouth, Fox Sports Florida, Sun Sports, and MSG Plus.
- FCS Central: Shows Big 12 Conference and Mid-American Conference content from Fox Sports Detroit, Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports Oklahoma, Fox Sports North, Fox Sports Wisconsin, Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports Kansas City, Fox Sports Indiana, and Fox Sports Ohio
- FCS Pacific: Shows Big 12 Conference and Pacific-12 Conference content from Fox Sports Arizona, Root Sports Rocky Mountain, Root Sports Utah, Root Sports Northwest, Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket.
Fox College Sports also develops original content. The list below includes original programming aired nationally exclusively on FCS.
- The National Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship
- Exclusive Home to The Paradise Jam Tournament from the Virgin Islands
- The FCS Tailgate Tour
- The NSSA College Surfing Championships
- The South Padre Invitational
- The FISU International Games (International College University Games)
- The FCS Final Score
- Fox Sports 1
- Big Ten Network - 49% of Big Ten Network is also owned by Fox Entertainment Group (a division of 21st Century Fox). It exclusively shows games and content involving Big Ten Conference schools, but shares some content (such as magazine and coach's shows) with Fox College Sports.
- Fox Sports Networks - shares additional coaches' and magazine shows from across the country.
Ball State SportsLink - signed on this year as the first University to provide full 30 minute length shows to be aired with Fox College Sports.
Until 2013, FCS used a silver and blue version of the old FSN pillbox logo. Beginning in August 2013, FCS began using a logo bug similar to the one shown on Fox Sports Networks. The Fox Sports logo is shown with a dark blue, rounded arrow shaped drop-down containing the name "FOX COLLEGE SPORTS". The drop-down is slightly longer than those seen on Fox Sports Networks so that it can accommodate the region name of the FCS network, seen in blue text "ATLANTIC", "CENTRAL", or "PACIFIC". The bottom of the drop-down contains a small arrow, colored light blue.
Other channels that show only college sports include: