Freenet digital GmbH
|Fox Mobile Entertainment and Jesta Digital|
|Subsidiary of freenet Cityline GmbH|
|Services||Digital content, Mobile content|
|Footnotes / references
freenet digital GmbH (formerly Fox Mobile Entertainment (FME) and Jesta Digital) is a German mobile content provider, including wireless carriers and handset manufacturers. The company has operated Jamba, Jamster, Mobizzo, BitBop, iLove, and Mobility Ads.
In 2005, News Corporation founded Fox Mobile Entertainment to provide content from shows airing on Fox such as Family Guy and from films produced by 20th Century Fox such as the Ice Age films. Fox Mobile Entertainment also created American Idol 's text-message voting system.
On 16 December 2013 it was announced that freenet Cityline GmbH, a subsidiary of freenet AB, would acquire Jesta Digital. The acquisition was completed on 15 January 2014 and the company was renamed freenet digital GmbH.
- "freenet digital GmbH". Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Fox Mobile Entertainment, Inc.: Private Company Information — BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- "Fox Mobile Entertainment | CrunchBase Profile". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- Fried, Ina (22 December 2010). "News Corp. Sells Fox Mobile Group to Investment Firm". All Things Digital. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "freenet Group accelerates Digital Lifestyle activities with acquisition of Jesta Digital Group" (Press release). freenet Group. 16 December 2013. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Freenet agrees to buy mobile marketer Jesta Digital". Reuters (Frankfurt, Germany). 16 December 2013. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Management presentation Q1 2014 results" (PDF). freenet Group. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.