Fox Sports New Orleans
|Fox Sports New Orleans|
|Launched||October 31, 2012|
|Network||Fox Sports Networks|
|Owned by||Fox Entertainment Group
(21st Century Fox)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Headquarters||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Replaced||Cox Sports Television (unconnected)|
|Sister channel(s)||Fox Sports Southwest
|DirecTV (US)||676-4 (HD)|
|Dish Network (US)||Channel varies by date|
(Both New Orleans and Baton Rouge lineups)
|Comcast||Check local listings|
|Available on several smaller systems||Check local listings|
|AT&T U-verse||757 (SD)
Fox Sports New Orleans is an American regional sports network serving Louisiana, East Texas, parts of Mississippi, parts of Alabama, and the Florida Panhandle that is operated as an affiliate of Fox Sports Networks. The channel is owned by Fox Cable Networks, a unit of the Fox Entertainment Group division of 21st Century Fox.
Its formation was announced on June 25, 2012, after Fox Sports Networks signed a new long-term carriage agreement with the NBA's New Orleans Pelicans. Fox picked up rights to the Pelicans after Cox Sports Television declined to renew its contract with the team. The channel launched on October 31, 2012, and aired 75 games in its first season while the team was still named the Hornets.
Besides the Pelicans, Fox Sports New Orleans also airs games from Major League Baseball's Texas Rangers and select broadcasts of the NHL's Dallas Stars (both via sister channel Fox Sports Southwest), (mainly when the pelicans were not playing that night), as well as Big 12 Conference and Southeastern Conference collegiate sporting events. It is also negotiating for rights to New Orleans Saints and local LSU Tigers coverage.
Fox Sports New Orleans is available on DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox Cable, AT&T U-verse, Charter Communications, Suddenlink Communications, Comcast, Fidelity Communications, LUS Fiber, CP-Tel, Reserve Telecommunications, Vision Communications[disambiguation needed], Eatel, and TV Northeast. In total, it is available to 2.5 million pay television homes in the viewing area.
- Joel Meyers - Pelicans play-by-play announcer
- David Wesley - Pelicans color commentator
- Jennifer Hale - Pelicans sideline reporter
- Paul Crane - Pelicans Host
- Fox Sports New Orleans Details 24/7 Hornets, October 12, 2012
- Hornets, FOX Sports announce new TV rights agreement WWL-TV, June 25, 2012.
- Is Cox changing sports strategy? Sports Business Journal, May 28, 2012
- FOX SPORTS NEW ORLEANS TO BROADCAST 75 REGULAR SEASON GAMES IN 2012-13 New Orleans Hornets official site, August 22, 2012.
- Where can I find the Tulane-Duke Football Game?
- Fox Sports New Orleans on Charter and More 24/7 Hornets, October 30, 2012