||The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (January 2012)|
Big Salad Records
|Associated acts||Electric Soft Parade|
|Past members||Daniel Pacrami|
Foxes! are a British indie pop rock band who originally formed in Oxford, England before relocating to Brighton, England. They consist of drummer/singer Kayla Bell and her husband Adam Bell on guitar/vocals with multi-instrumentalists Alan Grice and Matthew Twaites. The Guardian wrote that 'Foxes! episodic jangly pop may represent the first attempt in musical history to wrangle winsome C86 indie with prog rock'.
The band was formed in Oxford in 2005 by Adam and Kayla Bell along with founding member Daniel Pacrami. Whilst in Oxford the band released two homemade demo EPs entitled '46a Appleside Drive' and 'Hellomynameishenry'. Their second EP was awarded Demo of the Month in Oxford's Nightshift magazine in April 2007.
The band released a single 'Who Killed Rob?' on short-lived independent record label CatCutter Records on 31 May 2009 and completed a UK and Californian tour with US girl surf pop band The Hot Toddies the same year.
A new EP surfaced on Spanish label Elefant Records in April 2011. The lead track on the EP was entitled The Panda Bear Song and was released on limited edition brown coloured 7" vinyl as part of Elefant's New Adventures in Pop series.
It was revealed on This Is Fake DIY in November 2011 that Foxes! will release their self-titled debut album on Brighton label Big Salad Records on 16 January 2012. The article was accompanied by a video for album track 'Oh Rosie' animated by Kayla Bell.
- AltSounds article confirming current Foxes! line-up http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/140114-foxes-release-video-album-coming-16th-jan.html#post173125
- Live review of Foxes! set on Twisted Folk tour at Brighton Komedia by Alexis Petridis, The Guardian, 12 February 2010 http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/12/twisted-folk-tour-review
- Foxes! Last.fm Biography http://www.last.fm/music/Foxes!/+wiki
- Nightshift Magazine April 2007 http://nightshift.oxfordmusic.net/2007/april.pdf
- Glasswerk review of Who Killed Rob? single http://www.glasswerk.co.uk/reviews/national/8149/Foxes!
- The Hot Toddies Binary Tour Diary on There Goes The Fear http://www.theregoesthefear.com/2009/04/the-hot-toddies-tour-diary-1.php
- The Panda Bear Song EP on Elefant Records' website http://elefant.com/en/tienda_disco/14584/The%20Panda%20Bear%20Song
- The Line of Best Fit article on Stornoway's patronage of Oxford music scene http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/2010/10/pop-scene-oxford/
- Indietracks Festival listings http://www.indietracks.co.uk/about.html
- Foxes! announce album release and Oh Rosie video on This is Fake DIY http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/news/premiere-foxes-debut-new-video-for-oh-rosie
- Big Salad Records announce Foxes! album release http://www.bigsaladrecords.com/announcement/big-salad-update-november-2011